JumpingJayzuz

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Don't know a great deal about it, but everything I've read seems to indicate that the battery would have to get waaaaaaaay better to be able to handle the drain from GPS. But who knows? Apple may find a way.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it will. GPS sucks battery power. I have it in my Microsoft Band and an hours worth of use will drop the battery 30+%. I really think they will need a much better battery before they add GPS. I believe Apple will refine the Watch in the next generation. Slightly thinner, faster processor and/or slightly better battery but I wouldn't bet on GPS.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Does anyone think it is realistic that the second generation watch will have a GPS built in?

I think it will depend on feedback and how people use their  Watch. Overall, unless there is a new breakthrough with GPS tech, it will suck down battery. For me, I'd rather have all the sensors I can get in my  Watch - if I can control which I use when. If I decide to use GPS often, I can just expect less than stellar battery results. Of course, though, there will be a chorus of people that will complain no matter what. You can't have it all in tech. It's often a zero sum game.

bkorver

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't thought about battery drain, but it is a good point. I was hopeful because I would like to track runs without dragging my 6+ along.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice