Apple watch heart rate monitoring is not frequent.

Javed Choksi

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I though I would set this up as there are enough people complaining about this.
One of the main reasons I bought this watch was to replace my fit bit however it is not tracking my heart rate every 10 minutes as it did the first few days I now use the Milanese loop but it is skintight and still I get very random checks like every hour or every two hours or even when I initiate manually using glances

Has anyone else had this same issue with the same strap or os it a software bug?

Any fixes?

I have tried unpair-pair and still no luck

very annoyed at this!

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apple watch heart rate monitoring not frequency

It's starting to get widely reported that 1.0.1 "broke" the heart rate monitor. Myself, I go through periods where it checks every 10 minutes reliably, then eventually starts checking every half-hour up to every 2 hours.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

When my heart rate monitor stopped working I reset the watch and it has been fine. Try restarting the watch by holding the side button in.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

This is becoming a widely known issue. I expect an update from Apple soon.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com

Don't expect a fix from Apple as the watch is working as they intended. It's idiotic, for sure, but it's not broken. With the 1.0.1 update, the watch will attempt to take a reading every 10 minutes but won't record any data if you're moving.

Feel free to see the recently updated article on Apple's web site for proof:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204666

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When Apple trotted out its first update for the Watch, fitness mavens were alarmed at the suddenly inconsistent heart rate tracking. Did Cupertino break one of its wearable's signature features? Well, not quite. Apple has posted an updated support page that indicates the change in heart tracking was intentional. Instead of getting your beats per minute every 10 minutes regardless of what you're doing, its new default behavior is to check only when you're staying still. You can still make the Watch check on the move by using the heart rate Glance (above) or starting an activity in the Workout app, but the change risks creating gaps when you're strolling down the street.

It's not clear why Apple changed its device's monitoring habits. There's speculation that the company did this to improve the Watch's battery life, but it's not clear that this is the case -- it could be for the sake of accuracy, for example. We've reached out to Apple for an explanation, and we'll let you know if it has more to say.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
When Apple trotted out its first update for the Watch, fitness mavens were alarmed at the suddenly inconsistent heart rate tracking. Did Cupertino break one of its wearable's signature features? Well, not quite. Apple has posted an updated support page that indicates the change in heart tracking was intentional. Instead of getting your beats per minute every 10 minutes regardless of what you're doing, its new default behavior is to check only when you're staying still. You can still make the Watch check on the move by using the heart rate Glance (above) or starting an activity in the Workout app, but the change risks creating gaps when you're strolling down the street.

It's not clear why Apple changed its device's monitoring habits. There's speculation that the company did this to improve the Watch's battery life, but it's not clear that this is the case -- it could be for the sake of accuracy, for example. We've reached out to Apple for an explanation, and we'll let you know if it has more to say.

Hello, plagiarism! If you're not the author of this post, and I suspect you're not given the fact that it's written as an article rather than a forum post, then you need to cite your source.

gizjos30

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I do not get heart rate while doing boot camp only when I'm not excercsifing. I'm about to return the watch. It did take rate when I first got phone and now it's changed due to update.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I do not get heart rate while doing boot camp only when I'm not excercsifing. I'm about to return the watch. It did take rate when I first got phone and now it's changed due to update.

Are you starting an activity on the Apple Watch? I would use Other for a boot camp. If you do that it should be tracking your heart rate. If is it still not, check the Apple Watch app on your phone under activity and make sure the save power during activities is not enabled. That turns off the HR feature to save battery during long workouts.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

I imagine this will be fixed with the release of watch OS2 this fall, since there's been a lot of negative comments by those, such as yourself, who purchased the watch with this feature in mind. There will probably be a button in settings to allow greater control of the HR feature, with a warning that this will greatly reduce the battery life. I'm still trying to figure out why Apple made the change; perhaps they didn't want all the initial PR to be about poor battery life.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW