I'm sure this is old news to most....but who finds it kinda terrible that the ship date for a watch you pre ordered or ordered on launch day has the same ship date of one if you bought it TODAY....

Really sucks and sort of defeats the purpose of the pre order or early order don't you think...thanks apple.

Make me feel better people.
    05-21-2015 01:50 PM
    It depends on your own viewpoint. If that particular Watch and band combination was in huge demand when you ordered it, and supply is now starting to catch up to the demand then it makes perfectly good sense to have the same shipping date. Be patient and focus on the positive........It'll arrive soon.
    Darknseriousbro likes this.
    05-21-2015 01:56 PM
    I'm sure this is old news to most....but who finds it kinda terrible that the ship date for a watch you pre ordered or ordered on launch day has the same ship date of one if you bought it TODAY....

Really sucks and sort of defeats the purpose of the pre order or early order don't you think...thanks apple.

You are in charge of your own happiness.

As D has already stated, a lot depends on what you ordered - some watch/band combinations were extremely popular. Others were virtually ignored.

If you really want to get depressed, I just read that many watch/bands will be available in Apple stores in June - possibly before those who pre-ordered will get them delivered.
    Bifurcated and timjobs like this.
    05-21-2015 02:01 PM
    It doesn't seem to me that the 42mm SS BSB model was the most popular...but maybe it's cause the 42s are so darn popular..hard to be patient when others in my family have theirs lol
    05-21-2015 02:01 PM
    That was another thing too what if I can pick up the same model when they become available in stores before mine that I pre-ordered is shipped to me...truly a first world problem right here
    05-21-2015 02:03 PM
    Yeah, I don't see is as a "slap in the face". Its simply a reality of manufacturing. Apple makes a great product, but they are still constrained by manufacturing, ramp up, and economies of scale. I don't really understand the desire to take things like realities of manufacturing or the limits of physics that even Apple must follow as some sort of personal attack or insult.
    As an aside, your pre-order, along with all the others, is likely a large part of the reason that they are increasing production, and your order today can ship so much faster. With out all the pre-orders, they wouldn't have the economic motivation to invest in that increased scale.
    Darknseriousbro likes this.
    05-21-2015 02:09 PM
    Gotta say I agree with you. I feel manipulated, particularly since Tim Cook announced that the launch "couldn't have gone better." Obviously he meant for Apple itself, and not for its customers.
    05-21-2015 02:36 PM
    Gotta say I agree with you. I feel manipulated, particularly since Tim Cook announced that the launch "couldn't have gone better." Obviously he meant for Apple itself, and not for its customers.
    The "launch" did go quite well, and so did the ordering and pre-ordering. The complaints are in regard to the estimated shipping dates, and two of the causes are supplier-related issues and the various Watch & band combinations - the two things that Apple or any other company could not have predicted with any certainty.
    05-21-2015 02:46 PM
    I believe it's almost impossible to predict what is going to be a big seller.
    People that ordered a iPhone 6Plus 128 SG through some carriers in October were getting January shipping dates. Gold was faster to get. Who knew. I guess it's the same with the watch.
    When the watch was announced many people myself included said I don't want this thing then closer we got to release minds were changed I believe. When people started getting them even more minds were changed. It's become a high demand item.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-21-2015 02:57 PM
    That was another thing too what if I can pick up the same model when they become available in stores before mine that I pre-ordered is shipped to me...truly a first world problem right here
    I would then get it from the store and return the one you pre-ordered or just cancel the order.
    05-21-2015 03:14 PM
    The "launch" did go quite well, and so did the ordering and pre-ordering. The complaints are in regard to the estimated shipping dates, and two of the causes are supplier-related issues and the various Watch & band combinations - the two things that Apple or any other company could not have predicted with any certainty.
    Glad you're satisfied. That makes one of us.
    05-21-2015 03:16 PM
    Glad you're satisfied. That makes one of us.
    Ok, so you didn't get yours (yet). And you aren't happy about it. I get it. Not sure that not being able to get it on day 1 is reason to be "dissatisfied". But only you can control you happiness. It's just a watch. And it's hardly a "slap in the face" as the OP claimed - it's not like Apple beat you up and took your lunch money.
    05-21-2015 04:34 PM
    it's not like Apple beat you up and took your lunch money.
    Lol

05-21-2015 04:44 PM
    Lol. That's what I get for arguing with somebody with a 4000+ post count on an Apple forum. Be well.
    Bifurcated likes this.
    05-21-2015 05:19 PM
    You will be scrutinized for anything you put on the Internet...I figured this long before I put this on here...I'm not an economy expert..and you probably aren't either because you just took the time to explain something on an online forum so don't go throwing your supply and demand bs at me..yeah it's true but the only reason for this post was to see what people's thoughts were about these shipping dates and maybe if you were going to just cancel your order and pick one up in store or not..it's not about Apple beating me up and taking my lunch money (where did that come from anyway)...I know Apple didn't pick me out and say screw u were not giving your watch yet..a lot of people are in this same position and that's the point of a forum to see what others thoughts were..if you want to lecture someone go take your economic expertise to the White House, they need some help.

*Drops Mic*
    05-21-2015 05:31 PM
    You will be scrutinized for anything you put on the Internet...I figured this long before I put this on here...I'm not an economy expert..and you probably aren't either because you just took the time to explain something on an online forum so don't go throwing your supply and demand bs at me..yeah it's true but the only reason for this post was to see what people's thoughts were about these shipping dates and maybe if you were going to just cancel your order and pick one up in store or not..it's not about Apple beating me up and taking my lunch money (where did that come from anyway)...I know Apple didn't pick me out and say screw u were not giving your watch yet..a lot of people are in this same position and that's the point of a forum to see what others thoughts were..if you want to lecture someone go take your economic expertise to the White House, they need some help.

*Drops Mic*

So you really though that creating a thread with the title "Kind of a slap in the face" wherein you say that it "sucks" and "defeats the purpose of pre order" and then ask us to "make (you) feel better" would not get any criticism?

Ok, my bad. Try this:

Poor phfox1868. I agree. It totally sucks. It is a slap in your face and in the face of everyone who wasted their time preordering a new, high demand device from Apple only to get a delivery date 2 months into the future. I agree, you are entitled to your watch whenever you wanted it. Shame on Apple and shame on those who posted anything to ruffle your pretty little feathers.

*drops mic and leaves the stage "
    05-21-2015 05:37 PM
    "I don't know Godfather it's this man in California a big shot"

Wazz hizz name?

"Tim Cook."
    First he said I'll have my  Watch April 24th then he said June. I just don't know what to do Godfather.

Bigeric23 likes this.
    05-21-2015 05:50 PM
    You think I'm pretty
    05-21-2015 06:04 PM
    You think I'm pretty
    Just your feathers.
    05-21-2015 06:07 PM
    Hey, OP! Have you considered that without the pre ordering and the dates given that maybe no one would have gotten a watch until June or August?
    05-21-2015 06:41 PM
    Lol. That's what I get for arguing with somebody with a 4000+ post count on an Apple forum. Be well.
    What are you trying to imply?
    05-21-2015 06:48 PM
    Apple can not predict the future. They do not know what is going to be the most popular combinations. They are finally just catching up to demand and are going to be able to make the watches available in stores. It has only been out for a little less than a month, so to me it is still better than the wait for the iPhone 6+ when it launched. It took me months to finally find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-21-2015 08:05 PM
    All of these similar threads have one constant - impatience. Some people are very upset for having to wait for their Watch, and I suspect that it's because many of them truly want to be among the first in their area to have one. On top of that, some put fuel on the fire by checking their shipping status every other minute and then feel the need to blame Apple and accuse it of ruining the launch of the Watch when the fact of the matter is that they themselves are causing unnecessary stress and envy due to being impatient. Apple doesn't owe anyone an explanation or an apology unless someone's shipping date has passed and he or she has still not received their package.
    kch50428 and swarlos like this.
    05-21-2015 08:40 PM

*Drops Mic*
    First, you whine that you don't have your Apple watch, and imply that you should have your device sooner than some one ordering now. You state that you want our thoughts, we are giving them to you, my thoughts are that you are being an entitled whiner, and were hoping the rest of us would agree with your misery.
    Second; you are quite right, you are Obviously not an expert in any way on the economy. I never mentioned the standard Supply vs demand curve. Why did I not mention this? Because it is only applicable in a perfectly competitive market, which the world has not had for decades, if not longer. Out side of that, it is a useless model to attempt to cite.
    The fact that you posted this thread at all with the title you did clearly demonstrates you do not understand the functions of physics and economics at work, because if you did, you would know you have nothing at all to be the slightest bit upset about, and yet your title alone demonstrates you are upset by its tone alone.

Finally, it makes perfect sense to not ship literally every Apple Watch they make and to delay the Retail release. By moving to retail release, they can continue to increase the interest in the watch. In fact, I would guess they fully expect many people with orders in place to go to the stores to attempt to get an Apple Watch if the one they have ordered has not arrived at that time. All part of the plan.

As for "*Drops Mic*" um... right... you would of needed to actually make a point, not just continue your baseless complaints to "drop the mic".
    05-21-2015 09:28 PM
    I don't have my watch yet. It's been ordered almost a month. I checked the delivery status once. I can't hurry it by coming here and griping. I don't recall such a frenzy of impatient buyers. Y'all go make some wallpapers or something. Find something to occupy your mind.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-21-2015 09:58 PM
49 12