Kind of a slap in the face

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple can not predict the future. They do not know what is going to be the most popular combinations. They are finally just catching up to demand and are going to be able to make the watches available in stores. It has only been out for a little less than a month, so to me it is still better than the wait for the iPhone 6+ when it launched. It took me months to finally find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All of these similar threads have one constant - impatience. Some people are very upset for having to wait for their Watch, and I suspect that it's because many of them truly want to be among the first in their area to have one. On top of that, some put fuel on the fire by checking their shipping status every other minute and then feel the need to blame Apple and accuse it of ruining the launch of the Watch when the fact of the matter is that they themselves are causing unnecessary stress and envy due to being impatient. Apple doesn't owe anyone an explanation or an apology unless someone's shipping date has passed and he or she has still not received their package.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
You will be scrutinized for anything you put on the Internet...I figured this long before I put this on here...I'm not an economy expert..and you probably aren't either because you just took the time to explain something on an online forum so don't go throwing your supply and demand bs at me..yeah it's true but the only reason for this post was to see what people's thoughts were about these shipping dates and maybe if you were going to just cancel your order and pick one up in store or not..it's not about Apple beating me up and taking my lunch money (where did that come from anyway)...I know Apple didn't pick me out and say screw u were not giving your watch yet..a lot of people are in this same position and that's the point of a forum to see what others thoughts were..if you want to lecture someone go take your economic expertise to the White House, they need some help.

*Drops Mic*

First, you whine that you don't have your Apple watch, and imply that you should have your device sooner than some one ordering now. You state that you want our thoughts, we are giving them to you, my thoughts are that you are being an entitled whiner, and were hoping the rest of us would agree with your misery.
Second; you are quite right, you are Obviously not an expert in any way on the economy. I never mentioned the standard Supply vs demand curve. Why did I not mention this? Because it is only applicable in a perfectly competitive market, which the world has not had for decades, if not longer. Out side of that, it is a useless model to attempt to cite.
The fact that you posted this thread at all with the title you did clearly demonstrates you do not understand the functions of physics and economics at work, because if you did, you would know you have nothing at all to be the slightest bit upset about, and yet your title alone demonstrates you are upset by its tone alone.

Finally, it makes perfect sense to not ship literally every Apple Watch they make and to delay the Retail release. By moving to retail release, they can continue to increase the interest in the watch. In fact, I would guess they fully expect many people with orders in place to go to the stores to attempt to get an Apple Watch if the one they have ordered has not arrived at that time. All part of the plan.

As for "*Drops Mic*" um... right... you would of needed to actually make a point, not just continue your baseless complaints to "drop the mic".

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have my watch yet. It's been ordered almost a month. I checked the delivery status once. I can't hurry it by coming here and griping. I don't recall such a frenzy of impatient buyers. Y'all go make some wallpapers or something. Find something to occupy your mind.

JumpingJayzuz

May 6, 2015
Visit site
"Apple sold more Apple Watches on the device’s first day of preorder sales than its rival companies sold Android-based smartwatches throughout all of 2014, according to market research data." - Fortune

Now that's a slap in the face.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple can not predict the future. They do not know what is going to be the most popular combinations. They are finally just catching up to demand and are going to be able to make the watches available in stores. It has only been out for a little less than a month, so to me it is still better than the wait for the iPhone 6+ when it launched. It took me months to finally find one.

Well if Apple can't predict the further then they should just give it up .

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps George Bernard Shaw said it best:

This is true joy in life, the being used up for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

phfox1868

May 8, 2015
Visit site
First, you whine that you don't have your Apple watch, and imply that you should have your device sooner than some one ordering now. You state that you want our thoughts, we are giving them to you, my thoughts are that you are being an entitled whiner, and were hoping the rest of us would agree with your misery.
Second; you are quite right, you are Obviously not an expert in any way on the economy. I never mentioned the standard Supply vs demand curve. Why did I not mention this? Because it is only applicable in a perfectly competitive market, which the world has not had for decades, if not longer. Out side of that, it is a useless model to attempt to cite.
The fact that you posted this thread at all with the title you did clearly demonstrates you do not understand the functions of physics and economics at work, because if you did, you would know you have nothing at all to be the slightest bit upset about, and yet your title alone demonstrates you are upset by its tone alone.

Finally, it makes perfect sense to not ship literally every Apple Watch they make and to delay the Retail release. By moving to retail release, they can continue to increase the interest in the watch. In fact, I would guess they fully expect many people with orders in place to go to the stores to attempt to get an Apple Watch if the one they have ordered has not arrived at that time. All part of the plan.

As for "*Drops Mic*" um... right... you would of needed to actually make a point, not just continue your baseless complaints to "drop the mic".

And seriously take this knowledge of the supply and demand curve or whatever the **** it is you are talking about and bring it to the White House they need your help

Tre Lawrence

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather a company get a product right, so, in some cases, I wouldn't be too upset about a delay.

But still, delays suck. When I order a tech product, I want it now LOL.

I own my impatience.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can't do that - only you can make yourself feel better.

I do think it's old news. At this point, it is what it is. Poor release by .

How is it a poor release? The impatient don't understand what Apple has done. If there's a better way, let's hear it.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this is old news to most....but who finds it kinda terrible that the ship date for a watch you pre ordered or ordered on launch day has the same ship date of one if you bought it TODAY....

Really sucks and sort of defeats the purpose of the pre order or early order don't you think...thanks apple.

Make me feel better people.

I think if they would have said "order quickly as demand will be very high vs how many we can have ready for launch day" they would have sounded very arrogant. And that kind of bad press could have had all kinds bad repercussions on the launch. Instead the news is just that demand was high. I for one was extremely happy that they did it this way as I didn't have to fight with in store line sitters. Instead i was prepared and had fun in the forums here with others who were also prepared. Because of being prepared i got a popular model launch day. I get phones like 6+ on launch day by being on this forum and being prepared. You just know demand for great products is going to be high so you prepare or be patient. Either way works.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Too bad this forum is being riddled with a bunch threads started by whiners and impatient entitled people. There are real problems in the world and I'm sure all the people in Haiti or Syria would love to hear that you don't have your Watch yet and how oh so mean Apple is.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
This thread has given me a much needed chuckle and reality check. I've been hanging in the "order status thread" but all the talk of "planes" and "botched" has gotten a tad irritating.

Admittedly, I check my status 2x a day when I wake up and before bed. But I'm confident that my watch will arrive within or before the est delivery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro