Kind of a slap in the face

phfox1868

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure this is old news to most....but who finds it kinda terrible that the ship date for a watch you pre ordered or ordered on launch day has the same ship date of one if you bought it TODAY....

Really sucks and sort of defeats the purpose of the pre order or early order don't you think...thanks apple.

Make me feel better people.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your own viewpoint. If that particular Watch and band combination was in huge demand when you ordered it, and supply is now starting to catch up to the demand then it makes perfectly good sense to have the same shipping date. Be patient and focus on the positive....:)....It'll arrive soon.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure this is old news to most....but who finds it kinda terrible that the ship date for a watch you pre ordered or ordered on launch day has the same ship date of one if you bought it TODAY....

Really sucks and sort of defeats the purpose of the pre order or early order don't you think...thanks apple.

You are in charge of your own happiness.

As D has already stated, a lot depends on what you ordered - some watch/band combinations were extremely popular. Others were virtually ignored.

If you really want to get depressed, I just read that many watch/bands will be available in Apple stores in June - possibly before those who pre-ordered will get them delivered.

phfox1868

May 8, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't seem to me that the 42mm SS BSB model was the most popular...but maybe it's cause the 42s are so darn popular..hard to be patient when others in my family have theirs lol

phfox1868

May 8, 2015
Visit site
That was another thing too what if I can pick up the same model when they become available in stores before mine that I pre-ordered is shipped to me...truly a first world problem right here

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I don't see is as a "slap in the face". Its simply a reality of manufacturing. Apple makes a great product, but they are still constrained by manufacturing, ramp up, and economies of scale. I don't really understand the desire to take things like realities of manufacturing or the limits of physics that even Apple must follow as some sort of personal attack or insult.
As an aside, your pre-order, along with all the others, is likely a large part of the reason that they are increasing production, and your order today can ship so much faster. With out all the pre-orders, they wouldn't have the economic motivation to invest in that increased scale.

OneFretAway

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Gotta say I agree with you. I feel manipulated, particularly since Tim Cook announced that the launch "couldn't have gone better." Obviously he meant for Apple itself, and not for its customers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Gotta say I agree with you. I feel manipulated, particularly since Tim Cook announced that the launch "couldn't have gone better." Obviously he meant for Apple itself, and not for its customers.

The "launch" did go quite well, and so did the ordering and pre-ordering. The complaints are in regard to the estimated shipping dates, and two of the causes are supplier-related issues and the various Watch & band combinations - the two things that Apple or any other company could not have predicted with any certainty.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe it's almost impossible to predict what is going to be a big seller.
People that ordered a iPhone 6Plus 128 SG through some carriers in October were getting January shipping dates. Gold was faster to get. Who knew. I guess it's the same with the watch.
When the watch was announced many people myself included said I don't want this thing then closer we got to release minds were changed I believe. When people started getting them even more minds were changed. It's become a high demand item.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That was another thing too what if I can pick up the same model when they become available in stores before mine that I pre-ordered is shipped to me...truly a first world problem right here

I would then get it from the store and return the one you pre-ordered or just cancel the order.

OneFretAway

May 19, 2015
Visit site
The "launch" did go quite well, and so did the ordering and pre-ordering. The complaints are in regard to the estimated shipping dates, and two of the causes are supplier-related issues and the various Watch & band combinations - the two things that Apple or any other company could not have predicted with any certainty.

Glad you're satisfied. That makes one of us.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Glad you're satisfied. That makes one of us.

Ok, so you didn't get yours (yet). And you aren't happy about it. I get it. Not sure that not being able to get it on day 1 is reason to be "dissatisfied". But only you can control you happiness. It's just a watch. And it's hardly a "slap in the face" as the OP claimed - it's not like Apple beat you up and took your lunch money.

phfox1868

May 8, 2015
Visit site
You will be scrutinized for anything you put on the Internet...I figured this long before I put this on here...I'm not an economy expert..and you probably aren't either because you just took the time to explain something on an online forum so don't go throwing your supply and demand bs at me..yeah it's true but the only reason for this post was to see what people's thoughts were about these shipping dates and maybe if you were going to just cancel your order and pick one up in store or not..it's not about Apple beating me up and taking my lunch money (where did that come from anyway)...I know Apple didn't pick me out and say screw u were not giving your watch yet..a lot of people are in this same position and that's the point of a forum to see what others thoughts were..if you want to lecture someone go take your economic expertise to the White House, they need some help.

*Drops Mic*

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
You will be scrutinized for anything you put on the Internet...I figured this long before I put this on here...I'm not an economy expert..and you probably aren't either because you just took the time to explain something on an online forum so don't go throwing your supply and demand bs at me..yeah it's true but the only reason for this post was to see what people's thoughts were about these shipping dates and maybe if you were going to just cancel your order and pick one up in store or not..it's not about Apple beating me up and taking my lunch money (where did that come from anyway)...I know Apple didn't pick me out and say screw u were not giving your watch yet..a lot of people are in this same position and that's the point of a forum to see what others thoughts were..if you want to lecture someone go take your economic expertise to the White House, they need some help.

*Drops Mic*

So you really though that creating a thread with the title "Kind of a slap in the face" wherein you say that it "sucks" and "defeats the purpose of pre order" and then ask us to "make (you) feel better" would not get any criticism?

Ok, my bad. Try this:

Poor phfox1868. I agree. It totally sucks. It is a slap in your face and in the face of everyone who wasted their time preordering a new, high demand device from Apple only to get a delivery date 2 months into the future. I agree, you are entitled to your watch whenever you wanted it. Shame on Apple and shame on those who posted anything to ruffle your pretty little feathers.

*drops mic and leaves the stage "

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
"I don't know Godfather it's this man in California a big shot"

Wazz hizz name?

"Tim Cook."
First he said I'll have my  Watch April 24th then he said June. I just don't know what to do Godfather.

99cdeb30355dff9d87285ba1cc648894.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey, OP! Have you considered that without the pre ordering and the dates given that maybe no one would have gotten a watch until June or August?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro