Beating my Fitbit friends with my Apple Watch

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am wearing a fitness tracker now that is a watch, the Garmin vivoactive. It is extremely comfortable. My Watch should be here soon and I am guessing it will be just as comfortable.

WST88

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Former Fitbit Charge user. When I got my Apple Watch, I obviously quit using the Charge, but I left the Fitbit app on my phone and set the app to use my phone's step counter.

Works for me and I still keep up with my Fibit social buddies.

Just switched from syncsolver to your method. Seems to work well. Do you know if you can join challenges with this configuration?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just switched from syncsolver to your method. Seems to work well. Do you know if you can join challenges with this configuration?

Yes. The fitbit app by itself on your phone will allow you to join challenges.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Had another double step day. I got the Watch yesterday and it recorded steps from my Garmin and my Watch

I had a friend ask what I am going to get 60k steps in one day.

Shanna Booher

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
How do you find your steps on the apple watch? I'm a fitbit one user and JUST got my watch so I'm still learning it but I can't find my daily steps (not in a "work out" per say, just normal day to day stuff) anywhere?

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
How do you find your steps on the apple watch? I'm a fitbit one user and JUST got my watch so I'm still learning it but I can't find my daily steps (not in a "work out" per say, just normal day to day stuff) anywhere?

Open the activity app on either the Watch or the iPhone. On the watch scroll down on the first page. On the phone scroll to the bottom of the activity page and your will see steps at the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WST88

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I find it interesting that MFP is reporting more steps then the watch.. Fitbit is less but that is phone data not watch data.
5ec9ec8b3674fd78d47c2bd68a3ca477.jpg

c274ee65a6b4d4b44e0308ae824f0efa.jpg

7f9e3204fbabeb7d563939a8becef408.jpg

myredpny

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I just got the Apple Watch and I to am a Fitbit user. I have the Fitbit one and right now I am using both . I notice that the Fitbit One has more steps. Also the calories burn is a lot less on the Apple Watch. I'm going try to sync the health app to Fitbit with sync solver. Now that you have done had your for a while. How is it working out for you? Are you still syncing to Fitbit? How is that working out for you?

Paul Gurevich

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I read on the Fitbit app description that there is an issue with continuous syncing because Fitbit has not allowed Fitbit Solver to get an API.
Do you have any problems with double data because of background sync?

Thank you in advance for a reply.

mikkivb

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site
Re: Beating my Fitbit friendswith my Apple Watch- how?

Former Fitbit Charge user. When I got my Apple Watch, I obviously quit using the Charge, but I left the Fitbit app on my phone and set the app to use my phone's step counter.

Works for me and I still keep up with my Fibit social buddies.

---- I have downloaded all the apps listed and still have yet to figure it out. It only wants to sync with my Fitbit. Can someone tell me the exact app and give instructions on how to go about their good luck (working)

jwby

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I believe you are. I have over 20 friends that share info and motivate one another through sharing accomplishments. I never post anything more personal than the fact I ran five miles, and pace/run time info. Knowing Apple, they'll allow us to specify only what we want to share.

Thanks for sharing this! A number of people at my company have had the same issue (no social or competitive dynamic for Apple Watch), and this thread helped to confirm that there are others out there with the same interest... Two and a half years later, Apple still hasn't created a solution. So we built an app to help!

We just recently launched Rove (https://rove.fit), which allows people to create simple step tracking leaderboards & competitions, for anyone using Apple Watch, iPhone, or any device that syncs with Apple Health. Would love to hear what you think!

mcboyer

Oct 7, 2019
Visit site
Does that include participating in Fitbit challenges? I tried myFitnessSync and it sends steps over but not into the challenges.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro