Starting phone call on watch doesn't transfer/connect to cars Bluetooth system, how can I get this to work?

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Starting phone call on watch doesn't transfer/connect to cars bluetooth system

Just noticed this today. I initiated a phone call from my watch and it did not connect through my car's bluetooth. It just operated through the watch's speaker. My phone is connected to the cars bluetooth and when I placed a phone call directly from my phone it did connect through the cars bluetooth. Am I missing something? Does the watch have to connect to my cars bluetooth? (which would then disconnect my phone from the cars bluetooth - don't want that). Any ideas?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Starting phone call on watch doesn't transfer/connect to cars bluetooth system

I don't know. I don't think I've started a call via my Watch while in my car. I just press the button my my steering wheel and tell the system who to call or do it via the car's touchscreen display. If I don't forget, I'll test it out tomorrow and get back to you....:)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Starting phone call on watch doesn't transfer/connect to cars Bluetooth syste...

While driving to work moments ago, I initiated a call via my Watch. The radio station I was listening to muted while the call was being made over the car's hands-free system. When the recipient initially answered, her voice came over the Watch until I selected to use the car's hands-free option on the system's touch screen display. After doing so, the conversation transferred over to the car's speaker system.

Last edited:

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Starting phone call on watch doesn't transfer/connect to cars bluetooth system

Excellent - thanks so much for trying that. I'll give it a go later today

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Yup, mine worked pretty much the same way. Just doesn't bring up the phone 'window' on the car automatically, I have to do it manually, but from there I'm able to select 'handsfree' and are good to go. Thanks again!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Excellent - thanks so much for trying that. I'll give it a go later today

Yup, mine worked pretty much the same way. Just doesn't bring up the phone 'window' on the car automatically, I have to do it manually, but from there I'm able to select 'handsfree' and are good to go. Thanks again!

You're very welcome...;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2