The Earth on the astronomy face is definitely bluer
    05-19-2015 10:43 PM
    I got told to stand the other while I was on the throne. LOL Hopefully this gets tweaked a bit.
    You’re in luck: Ming-Chi Kuo predicts a new smell sensor in WATCH 2 to measure your gut health and generally avoid this sort of show-stopping issue.
    Dlemos likes this.
    05-19-2015 11:03 PM
    The calendar looks different they made the events that you have a solid less faded color I believe
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-19-2015 11:53 PM
    Looks like they have fixed the email issue also, I just forwarded some work emails from our exchange server and was able to read them on the watch no problem. Can anyone else confirm this?
    05-20-2015 12:56 AM
    Looks like they have fixed the email issue also, I just forwarded some work emails from our exchange server and was able to read them on the watch no problem. Can anyone else confirm this?
    What was the problem before? I've always been able to read email on my Watch.
    05-20-2015 02:19 AM
    Yep, looks like they fixed that. Always had a problem with exchange emails, but now can read most of them fine. It looks like there's still a couple where the message isn't downloading to the watch but I can see most.
    05-20-2015 07:59 AM
    15 mins & all good. Not noticed much difference after update.
    05-20-2015 08:36 AM
    Wish I had an Watch to update. Dang waiting is killing me.
    Hold on a little longer. The Apple Watch will be worth your wait.
    05-20-2015 09:12 AM
    Looking forward to outdoor run/walk distance and pace calculations not being off by as much as 20%!
    Jury is still out on this. I just went for a 5 mile outdoor run with 1.01. For the first 2 miles, pace & distance were spot-on. then when I checked the stats at mile 3, it was off by a solid .15 of a mile, which is a lot. When I finished my 5, it was still off by .15. This of course screwed up the average pace, but the current pace throughout the run felt very accurate. Its possible it dropped the GPS signal somewhere between miles 2-3 (which I haven't seen happen with Endomondo or Runkeeper on the watch), so I'll try the same route tomorrow and see what happens.
    Valana likes this.
    05-20-2015 10:22 AM
    Jury is still out on this. I just went for a 5 mile outdoor run with 1.01. For the first 2 miles, pace & distance were spot-on. then when I checked the stats at mile 3, it was off by a solid .15 of a mile, which is a lot. When I finished my 5, it was still off by .15. This of course screwed up the average pace, but the current pace throughout the run felt very accurate. Its possible it dropped the GPS signal somewhere between miles 2-3 (which I haven't seen happen with Endomondo or Runkeeper on the watch), so I'll try the same route tomorrow and see what happens.
    Were you using RunKeeper or Endomondo during the run too to see if maybe their map got messed up at the same point along the way? I've only had that happen once at a recent race, but I know some people who often have a stray location node in their RunKeeper routes.
    05-20-2015 12:07 PM
    Were you using RunKeeper or Endomondo during the run too to see if maybe their map got messed up at the same point along the way? I've only had that happen once at a recent race, but I know some people who often have a stray location node in their RunKeeper routes.
    No, was just using the Apple Run app, but this is my usual 5-mile route that I do 3-4 times a week, so I've done several runs with RK and Endo over the past week weeks on it and they've both been totally accurate.
    05-20-2015 12:26 PM
    No, was just using the Apple Run app, but this is my usual 5-mile route that I do 3-4 times a week, so I've done several runs with RK and Endo over the past week weeks on it and they've both been totally accurate.
    Yeah, I was more trying to understand if it was a one-time issue with the phone's GPS as a whole, or if it was really still a problem specific to the Watch's estimate (while the GPS itself was accurate).

I plan on running tomorrow morning and I'll report my findings as well (I'm still using RunKeeper alongside Workout for the social aspect).
    05-20-2015 02:02 PM
    Yeah, I was more trying to understand if it was a one-time issue with the phone's GPS as a whole, or if it was really still a problem specific to the Watch's estimate (while the GPS itself was accurate).

I plan on running tomorrow morning and I'll report my findings as well (I'm still using RunKeeper alongside Workout for the social aspect).
    I'll try the same thing. So do you just run both apps on the watch at the same time, or do you use the Run app on the watch and runkeeper on the phone?
    05-20-2015 02:16 PM
    Mine stopped tracking heart rate automatically as soon as i updated the software last night can anyone else confirm this?
    It doesn't track every 10 mins only tracks manually when I go to glances
    05-20-2015 04:53 PM
    The good news the watch update will help gauge production of the watches. If devices start showing up with 1.0.1 then they were still on the production line and not boxed up yet. As people get their watches check and see what version of the OS you are on.
    05-20-2015 05:44 PM
    I'll try the same thing. So do you just run both apps on the watch at the same time, or do you use the Run app on the watch and runkeeper on the phone?
    I run both on the Watch. The Watch app for RunKeeper only lets you Start/Pause/Resume/End, so you have to setup your parameters in RunKeeper first. Then I start a Workout, double-crown to RunKeeper, and start. It's slightly cumbersome, but I'm hoping a future version of WatchKit will allow fitness apps to start a Workout at the same time, either by starting the one currently on the start screen, or by starting an equivalent workout to what the fitness app is starting.
    05-20-2015 07:26 PM
    Mine stopped tracking heart rate automatically as soon as i updated the software last night can anyone else confirm this?
    It doesn't track every 10 mins only tracks manually when I go to glances
    Mine tracks just fine, although it does miss checks on occasion (for instance it might go 30 minutes without checking), but this was happening already with 1.0.
    05-20-2015 07:27 PM
    my watch was pretty darn snappy before, and still is after. Don't see any notable differences.
    05-20-2015 11:12 PM
    Mine tracks just fine, although it does miss checks on occasion (for instance it might go 30 minutes without checking), but this was happening already with 1.0.
    I might have spoken too soon… Looking at my log in the Health app I have noticed that since the update there are far more frequent gaps in my Watch's heart rate monitoring. Sometimes it checks every 10 minutes, but then goes a full hour between checks for several hours. I would suggest reporting this to Apple.
    05-20-2015 11:14 PM
    Maybe 1.0.X will be out by the time I get mine in June
    05-21-2015 09:31 AM
    I've tried updating a couple of times but it keeps getting hung up on "downloading to watch". I've tried: restart iPhone 6, restart watch, restart both, unpair watch and pair as new. Each time the watch is fully charged and sitting on the charger. The iPhone has bluetooth and wifi turned on and it is sitting on my night stand next to the watch. As far as I can tell the watch operates normally in all other aspects but I can't get it to update. I'm not sure of what else to try. Any suggestions?
    alexnorwood likes this.
    05-21-2015 11:50 AM
    Since update heart rate data in Heath shows monitoring 12 times a minute this morn & every 2 hrs this afternoon! Very strange.
    Valana likes this.
    05-21-2015 02:23 PM

So I went on the same run as prior to 1.0.1, and sadly my Workout app is off by as much as before. Prior to 1.0.1, my 5.97-mile run turned into a 5.84-mile run in Workout. After 1.0.1, I added a little .04 detour to make it 6.01 miles. Workout indicates 5.88 miles.

I did find that instant pace, however, appeared accurate.

I wonder if it will take a few more runs to recalibrate the incorrect estimates, or if we should un-pair and re-pair our Watches to restart the calibration process. I'm weary of taking my iPhone out of my belt pouch lest it throw off my calibration even more, but people have mentioned that having the iPhone vertical in your pocket instead of horizontal has helped correct their distance estimates…
    Last edited by Valana; 05-21-2015 at 03:27 PM.
    05-21-2015 02:25 PM
    Since update heart rate data in Heath shows monitoring 12 times a minute this morn & every 2 hrs this afternoon! Very strange.
    Yes I've found it very erratic since 1.0.1. At times it checks every 10 minutes, and other times it goes as long as 2 hours between checks, although 30 minutes-1 hour is more common.
    05-21-2015 02:27 PM
    I ended up having to do a restore and set up as new iPhone to get the update to show. Restore from backup didn't work.
    05-21-2015 03:11 PM
74 123