Watch OS 1.0.1 now available

Adam Brown22

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Same here, just updated... took abt 10-15 mins as others have said. No issues with any features from what I can tell based off of only 4 hrs of use getting watch today.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just updated... all went perfect. Have to agree I can tell watch it much more responsive 🏾

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

2BTs4Me

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I restarted both the iPhone and apple watch and it didn't help. However, after I took an app off of the apple watch, the apple watch app crashed and it started working right after that.

Sugrat

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like they have fixed the email issue also, I just forwarded some work emails from our exchange server and was able to read them on the watch no problem. Can anyone else confirm this?

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Looks like they have fixed the email issue also, I just forwarded some work emails from our exchange server and was able to read them on the watch no problem. Can anyone else confirm this?
What was the problem before? I've always been able to read email on my Watch.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Yep, looks like they fixed that. Always had a problem with exchange emails, but now can read most of them fine. It looks like there's still a couple where the message isn't downloading to the watch but I can see most.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Looking forward to outdoor run/walk distance and pace calculations not being off by as much as 20%!

Jury is still out on this. I just went for a 5 mile outdoor run with 1.01. For the first 2 miles, pace & distance were spot-on. then when I checked the stats at mile 3, it was off by a solid .15 of a mile, which is a lot. When I finished my 5, it was still off by .15. This of course screwed up the average pace, but the current pace throughout the run felt very accurate. Its possible it dropped the GPS signal somewhere between miles 2-3 (which I haven't seen happen with Endomondo or Runkeeper on the watch), so I'll try the same route tomorrow and see what happens.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Jury is still out on this. I just went for a 5 mile outdoor run with 1.01. For the first 2 miles, pace & distance were spot-on. then when I checked the stats at mile 3, it was off by a solid .15 of a mile, which is a lot. When I finished my 5, it was still off by .15. This of course screwed up the average pace, but the current pace throughout the run felt very accurate. Its possible it dropped the GPS signal somewhere between miles 2-3 (which I haven't seen happen with Endomondo or Runkeeper on the watch), so I'll try the same route tomorrow and see what happens.
Were you using RunKeeper or Endomondo during the run too to see if maybe their map got messed up at the same point along the way? I've only had that happen once at a recent race, but I know some people who often have a stray location node in their RunKeeper routes.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Were you using RunKeeper or Endomondo during the run too to see if maybe their map got messed up at the same point along the way? I've only had that happen once at a recent race, but I know some people who often have a stray location node in their RunKeeper routes.

No, was just using the Apple Run app, but this is my usual 5-mile route that I do 3-4 times a week, so I've done several runs with RK and Endo over the past week weeks on it and they've both been totally accurate.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
No, was just using the Apple Run app, but this is my usual 5-mile route that I do 3-4 times a week, so I've done several runs with RK and Endo over the past week weeks on it and they've both been totally accurate.
Yeah, I was more trying to understand if it was a one-time issue with the phone's GPS as a whole, or if it was really still a problem specific to the Watch's estimate (while the GPS itself was accurate).

I plan on running tomorrow morning and I'll report my findings as well (I'm still using RunKeeper alongside Workout for the social aspect).

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I was more trying to understand if it was a one-time issue with the phone's GPS as a whole, or if it was really still a problem specific to the Watch's estimate (while the GPS itself was accurate).

I plan on running tomorrow morning and I'll report my findings as well (I'm still using RunKeeper alongside Workout for the social aspect).

I'll try the same thing. So do you just run both apps on the watch at the same time, or do you use the Run app on the watch and runkeeper on the phone?

Javed Choksi

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine stopped tracking heart rate automatically as soon as i updated the software last night can anyone else confirm this?
It doesn't track every 10 mins only tracks manually when I go to glances

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The good news the watch update will help gauge production of the watches. If devices start showing up with 1.0.1 then they were still on the production line and not boxed up yet. As people get their watches check and see what version of the OS you are on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77