Sport band pin + table or Macbook = scratches?-sportbandpin_320.png

I planned to get Apple Watch Space Grey Sport, but then I started to get concerned about the metal pin on the band.
    I work all day at the table with a keyboard or a Macbook and I'm afraid the pin will be touching and scratching the surface. In fact I don't really care about the scratches, but about the overall comfort, sounds, etc. I tried my old metal bracelet watch and it's definitely "not compatible" with aluminum Macbook.

Does anyone work at a table with a sport band on? Does the metal pin touch/scratch anything?

PS. I'm considering to go with SS Leather Loop if sport band doesn't work.
    05-17-2015 03:30 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sportbandpin_320.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	81592

I planned to get Apple Watch Space Grey Sport, but then I started to get concerned about the metal pin on the band.
    I work all day at the table with a keyboard or a Macbook and I'm afraid the pin will be touching and scratching the surface. In fact I don't really care about the scratches, but about the overall comfort, sounds, etc. I tried my old metal bracelet watch and it's definitely "not compatible" with aluminum Macbook.

Does anyone work at a table with a sport band on? Does the metal pin touch/scratch anything?

I'm always on my laptop which is also aluminum but I haven't been super concerned with scratches so wasn't looking out for it I can tell you I don't have any scratches on my laptop and I don't remember hearing any nasty metal to metal noise
    05-17-2015 07:07 PM
    i havent gotten my watch yet (still a few weeks away from delivery of my space grey 42) but i would guess (and hope) that like 90% of the people who tested these watches were using aluminum MacBooks, so this wouldn't be an issue
    05-17-2015 07:31 PM
    I'm always on my macbook too and never even noticed the watch coming in contact with it. The watch sits high up enough on the wrist to not be an issue (and my "pin" is in the first hole and is on the side anyway), so no scratches or problems whatsoever on my macbooks or desks.
    05-17-2015 07:39 PM
    No issues on my MacBook Pro.
    05-17-2015 09:19 PM
    Does the pin even touch the surface when you type?
    05-17-2015 09:37 PM
    I'm always on my laptop which is also aluminum but I haven't been super concerned with scratches so wasn't looking out for it I can tell you I don't have any scratches on my laptop and I don't remember hearing any nasty metal to metal noise
    Same goes for me.
    05-18-2015 11:07 AM

Name:	sportbandpin_320.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	81592

I have had my Watch now for a couple of weeks, and i wear it every day, even to work, and I don't baby it. I've wrestled with my youngest and most active son, I've unloaded trucks, washed dishes with the edge of the watch resting against my stainless steel sink, exercised with it, etcetera, and you will not find a scratch, dent, scrape, chip or crack anywhere on it. Having said that, I've just returned from an hour cardio workout, and have yet to get cleaned up. As you can see via the attached photo, the metal stop on my Watch sport is shiney and scratch-free. The band itself, is dirty and covered in sweat, but I'll clean it prior to getting in the shower momentarily.

Sport band pin + table or Macbook = scratches?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1431963715.957143.jpg
    05-18-2015 11:42 AM
    The head of the metal pin is only 4mm across, it looks bigger in these photo's, it protrudes about 1mm through the strap, it aint going to get in any ones way.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-18-2015 02:10 PM
    How's the Apple Watch band going to be any different than any other normal watch band ever made ???
    It seams like people invent ways to be concerned about nothing when Apple makes something ...
    Sport band pin + table or Macbook = scratches?-leather-watch-strap-black-orion-0202.jpg
    Bigeric23 and robertk328 like this.
    05-19-2015 10:48 AM
    How's the Apple Watch band going to be any different than any other normal watch band ever made ???
    It seams like people invent ways to be concerned about nothing when Apple makes something ...

Name:	leather-watch-strap-black-orion-0202.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	81668
    Truer words were never spoken.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    05-19-2015 11:41 AM
    This issue is real, my IT folks who have the apple sports watch have all warned me of this problem. I have seen the damage from the pin. I have the leather band with classic buckle and the sports band. The buckle is offset just enough to be no issue. The pin is right under my wrist and it's always touching the desk surface.
    11-01-2015 10:05 PM
    It depends on how you hold your wrist while typing. My wrist is slightly angled so I have no issue. If you have a problem with your wrist at an angle, swap the sides for the band and the pin will be out of the way.
    11-02-2015 08:36 AM
    If I am sitting at my desk at work, I notice the pin hitting my macbook occasionally. If I have the macbook on my lap I don't seem to have that issue. Solution - I use an external apple keyboard at work. My office is usually freezing cold, so I often have a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt on at the office too.
    11-02-2015 10:58 AM
    Most every watch has something there, whether it is a metal buckle or a strap entirely made of metal (like the link bracelet). Can't think of a time when it has been an issue
    11-02-2015 01:31 PM