Is there an app for the Apple Watch that would replace your car key fobs?

I

iMore Question

Is there an app for the Apple Watch that would replace your car key fobs

Having to carry multiple key fobs ( one for my car and my wife's) in your pocket is cumbersome to say the least. If this isn't a feature of the watch, someone dropped the ball and if it doesn't exists, I wish I had the aptitude to put this all together.

Wayne

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there an app for the Apple Watch that would replace your car key fobs

If it's not there yet I'm sure it will be soon. Personally, even if there were an app, I'd carry keys.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there an app for the Apple Watch that would replace your car key fobs

Having to carry multiple key fobs ( one for my car and my wife's) in your pocket is cumbersome to say the least. If this isn't a feature of the watch, someone dropped the ball and if it doesn't exists, I wish I had the aptitude to put this all together.

Wayne

I only carry the one for the car that I am driving. My wife has a huge suitcase of a purse, and she, too, only carries the key for the car she is driving at the time. I don't see it as that big of an issue. One does not have to carry every key that they own at all times.

Even with that said, I am sure there is some proprietary code involved with duplicating the "electronic" keys/keyfobs. Even if there was a "generic" version for all GM cars or all Hondas, for example, they would need to be programmed for he specific vehicle by the dealer. Otherwise, I would see this as a license to steal any car of your choosing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro