Can I get a recommendation for Apple News App?

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Recommendation for Apple News App

I am looking for one good (definition to follow) News App for my Apple Watch.
Requirements:
Glance (that actually updates as opposed to the CNN app)
App that actually updates without having to force close the app and reopen it (again like CNN)
Breaking News Alerts (as opposed to the NY Times that seems only to send an alert if the White House is blown up)
Any suggestions?
Thanks, Steve

Last edited:

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recommendation for Apple News App

Just installed that one (along with a few others). Still judging how it works. Thanks

swandy

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

So far have tried NY Times, CNN, USA Today, Yahoo Digest, Google News & Weather, AP (and a few others that were on my devices so short a period of time that I don't remember their names.
Still have NY Times - their Glance and App update properly whenever they have something new but what apparently their editors consider anything short of Washington DC being bombed not worthy of an alert.
CNN - more alerts than NYT but usually the only way to get their glance or app to update you have to force quit the app on the Watch. But their app does give a nice selection of articles over various topics whereas the NYT only gives you the most recent breaking news.
AP - removed glance and app from watch as they only showed one article but kept it on my iPhone as they give the most alerts for breaking news and their iPhone app is really nice.
Yahoo Digest is clever on the iPhone as it gives a bunch of new breaking stories in the am and pm (with the option of more articles). But their Watch version both glance and app only shows one breaking story and no option I can see of viewing others.
Gave up on Google and USA Today because either there was no option for a glance (USA Today) or their app was too limited (Google)
That's it for now. Any other thoughts?

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Use whatever app is good in Glances (I switch back and forth between the CBC and the Globe and Mail), and the BBC's breaking news notifications show up on the watch anyway.

Once it gets a Watch update, that'll probably be my go-to news app on the watch.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods