Anyone Think Taptic notification is too light? I tend to miss notifications

tannera54

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I feel like the taptics on my watch are very light for being on the strongest setting. It seems like i'm missing a lot of the notifications. Hopefully i don't have a faulty taptic engine and thats just the way the tactics are suppose to feel. Maybe i had a higher expectations of the strength of it?

ggulick

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you turned on prominent haptics? That will add a stronger vibration to the beginning of a notification.

From your Apple Watch, go to the Home screen and tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Then turn on Prominent Haptic.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you turned on prominent haptics? That will add a stronger vibration to the beginning of a notification.

From your Apple Watch, go to the Home screen and tap Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Then turn on Prominent Haptic.

+1 this has helped a ton.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Turned on "Prominent Haptic" and I still think it's too light a 'tap'. A setting for a stronger haptic tap in an update would be nice
(full disclosure - I'm coming from a Pebble whose buzzing notifications you could almost hear across the room ;-)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Turned on "Prominent Haptic" and I still think it's too light a 'tap'. A setting for a stronger haptic tap in an update would be nice
(full disclosure - I'm coming from a Pebble whose buzzing notifications you could almost hear across the room ;-)

I’ve heard several people complain about the Pebble vibration being too strong. In fact, Allyson said it was irritating because people close to you knew you were getting notified. I’m not sure that is something Apple would want.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't ever miss notifications via my Watch, and I have prominent haptic is disabled. With that in mind, how tight/loose is the band around your wrist?

tannera54

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone I have the prominent haptic on and thought it was snug on my wrist but i'm gonna try little bit tighter and see. I think i was just expecting a bit more strength in it. I've never used a wearable before this so ...

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never had that issue. But, then again I had been wearing a Pebble and Pebble Steel for the past two years. So my wrist is kind of trained to detect that stuff.

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I've read from a lot of people that it takes awhile to get used to. But eventually, your wrist will be sensitive enough that you don't miss any.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I too am finding the Taptic tap a bit weak, even with full strength and Prominence selected. I've also turned on the audible alert so I don't miss stuff.

dcscott

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I have mine cranked up as high as it will go. At first I didn't feel a single one. After two + weeks of use I've grown accustomed to it I'm starting to feel them, about 30% of the time. My band is about as snug as I can stand it. I had one of the original Kickstarter Pebbles and honestly don't miss the loud buzz. Even thought I may miss a large number of the taptic vibes the Watch is so darn pretty that I look at fairly frequently and the little red dot works just fine

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I used to not feel them without the prominent setting turned on. After wearing the watch for a couple of weeks I ended up turning it off and my wrist is used to "feeling" for the taps now and I don't miss them at all.

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I used to not feel them without the prominent setting turned on. After wearing the watch for a couple of weeks I ended up turning it off and my wrist is used to "feeling" for the taps now and I don't miss them at all.

I'm hoping this happens to me. I pretty much miss them all the time, sometimes even when I know one is about to hit.

TJR1959

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I agree!
Had mine a couple of days and I have prominent haptics turned but still miss a lot of notifications.
An article I read from a reviewer noted that he had used two different Watches and there was a lot of difference in the haptic strength between them...
At some point I plan to go to the Apple Store and ask if I can compare it another Watch or two to see if it is just me!
Otherwise really like the Watch
:)

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I miss about half of my notifications, but my body is now slowly getting accustomed to the notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
In the first day or two I found I was missing most notifications... now I notice a majority of them. Not yet all, but most. So I think it's a body adaptation thing. Sort of a sensitivity adjustment and a development of 'knowing what to feel for'.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73