Recommendation for a good (iOS or OS X) heart rate graph app to work with Apple Watch?

I

iMore Question

Recommendation for a good (iOS or OS X) heart rate graph app to work with Apple Watch

Health app (iOS) shows heart rates in one of two fashions...
...either a high and low on a graph for each hour, which is far too little information to be of any benefit
...or listing (in data format) every data point in list format. However, during Workout mode on Watch, the heart rate is listed every 6-7 seconds, which is far too much information to be of any benefit.

I'd love to find an app that works with Watch that charts heart rates on a minute by minute basis against the various heart rate zones. This way, during exercise you can see how much time you spent in anaerobic, recovery, etc.
Does one exist?
Thanks!

Erieg

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Re: Recommendation for a good (iOS or OS X) heart rate graph app to work with Apple Watch

That does not use the apple watch's HR monitor nor the data from it in Health. You will need a HR strap from garmin, polar etc. I have a Scosche Rythem+ which is an armband. Its optical so not quite up to spec with a chest strap but is pretty good.

Until 3rd party apps get access to the HR hardware you are pretty much out of luck.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Recommendation for a good (iOS or OS X) heart rate graph app to work with Apple Watch

That does not use the apple watch's HR monitor nor the data from it in Health. You will need a HR strap from garmin, polar etc. I have a Scosche Rythem+ which is an armband. Its optical so not quite up to spec with a chest strap but is pretty good.

Until 3rd party apps get access to the HR hardware you are pretty much out of luck.

There appear to be options in the app for reading heart rate from the health app and choosing the health app as the main source of tracking data. I can't honestly say how it works though since I don't monitor my heart rate while working out, so I have no data to test.

tom_0932

May 21, 2015
Visit site

My name is Thomas Wright, and I'm the developer of Heart Graph. The version of the app currently on the App Store (v3.8.1) doesn?t do what you?re looking for, but we are working on a new build that does. If you'd like to be part of our beta program, getting early access to the new version of the app in exchange for your feedback, please get in touch via the Smoky Cat Software website.

As others have already replied, unfortunately Apple do not currently allow 3rd party apps to access the live heart rate data from the Apple Watch, so you?ll only be able to do analysis after your workout is complete. We?re hoping that Apple will lift this restriction in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro