Sport Band Setting

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
All,
curious what band settings you folks with Sport bands have it at. I keep going back and forth between having three and four holes open (with the pin either in the fourth or fifth hole from the tightest). I have a little smaller than average guy arms. It it snug enough on the fourth hole that it starts hurting my wrist a bit. It's squeezing my wrist only a tiny bit. I can get a finger in between the band and arm if i push. I loosen it to the fifth hole, and it slides around - normally no big deal but it misses skin contact occasionally and I have to keep putting in the PIN number. There's no happy medium with the warmer weather. It's actually frustrating. Anyone else having issues finding the perfect fit?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
2nd hole from end on short band. Long band fits as well but I prefer shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You know I'm thinking of changing out and trying the small band, at a different setting tonight - might find a better fit.

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Small band last hole (largest) Started with large strap but it was either slightly to large or to lose (to much tuck in didn't help)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Small band last hole (largest) Started with large strap but it was either slightly to large or to lose (to much tuck in didn't help)

Thanks...did you find that the extra tuck made it tighter than the small on the last hole? I tried the small on the last hole and it seemed to give me a tiny bit more room - I think that's because I wasn't tucking anything else behind, like on the large loop. Maybe I'm obsessing but the first few days were fine with it until this past weekend.

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Yeah extra tuck in with the large strap made it slightly to tight. Got it perfect now although not alway feeling notifications.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
What size wrists do you have? And how snug is it?

Previous hole is too big.
The next hole is too tight.
This hole is just right.

Seriously though I find either band was adjustable to fit comfortably. Even throughout the day. As Karen said the shorter tail is more comfortable. I found the Apple sizing chart to be an accurate guideline. The holes were plentiful enough. What else could possibly be gained from me measuring MY wrist? Unless someone was considering buying a new strap for me ... :).

Plus there are bands sizable without holes. It seems to have a very generous overlap for small and large sport sizes and a considerable range from small to large.

Hope that is helpful. If I had an easy way to measure for you I would.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just use whichever one that allows the Watch to fit snugly on my wrist....:)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Previous hole is too big.
The next hole is too tight.
This hole is just right.

Seriously though I find either band was adjustable to fit comfortably. Even throughout the day. As Karen said the shorter tail is more comfortable. I found the Apple sizing chart to be an accurate guideline. The holes were plentiful enough. What else could possibly be gained from me measuring MY wrist? Unless someone was considering buying a new strap for me ... :).

Plus there are bands sizable without holes. It seems to have a very generous overlap for small and large sport sizes and a considerable range from small to large.

Hope that is helpful. If I had an easy way to measure for you I would.

I wasn't asking for measurements with tape measures, just a general idea - small, medium, large...whatever. The feedback has been really useful. I may return this thing, as I can't find a single size that works.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't asking for measurements with tape measures, just a general idea - small, medium, large...whatever. The feedback has been really useful. I may return this thing, as I can't find a single size that works.

Have you tried using both bands that came with the Watch? The smaller one may be more comfortable being that you would use the first one to three holes instead of possibly using more with the larger band and then having to tuck away a decent size.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried using both bands that came with the Watch? The smaller one may be more comfortable being that you would use the first one to three holes instead of possibly using more with the larger band and then having to tuck away a decent size.

Yep. I'm using the first hole (largest) on the small band today, and it's still too tight. Hanging in there for now.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't received my sport band yet and have been running with the Milanese Loop. It is probably not ideal, but it is more comfortable than I expected and the fit is good.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Large sport band for me, on the 3rd hole from the smallest. Tried the smaller band on the first (largest) did not like the feel.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

What about the magnet types?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2