After returning home from an errand and meeting the UPS driver as she was stepping out of the UPS van, I quickly stopped my car in front of her to let her know that she was looking for "me". After signing for the package, I quickly noticed how heavy the box was. It felt like a friggin' brick! My initial thought was, "Oh Lord, please don't let me open the box to find that my Watch has been stolen and replaced by a block of concrete or something...(laughing)...Thankfully, nothing wicked had occurred. Anyway, the box presentation was in typical Apple fashion. The device itself looks classy, and the rubber band is thin, flexible, but strong unlike the thick rubber band of my Polo watch. Well, being a "real" man, I didn't bother reading the startup instructions. I peeled off the plastic protective stuff, plugged the charging thingy into the wall socket and then placed the Watch on the charger only to discover that it was almost full. After quickly pairing the watch with my iPhone 6 Plus, I set up the apps that I wanted on it, and then set up Pay. I haven't used Pay via my Watch yet, but you know I will very soon. Getting acclimated with the device isn't as difficult as some people have complained it to be, but I chalk that up to me being a tech enthusiast. Having said that, I can see how it would be intimidating to a non-tech person. I've had the watch now for about two and a half hours and I'm, for the most part, settled in with it. The notifications are great and do not make me want to immediately respond like I would if I was on my iPhone. Speaking of the iPhone, I've not used it much since donning the Watch. Anyway, do I need the Watch? Nope. Had it not been a gift, would I have gotten it? Nope . Am I glad I did get it? Definitely YES! Will I use it much? I'll be using it EVERY day....(laughing).
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 05-04-2015 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Cleaned up grammatical errors
    05-04-2015 09:09 PM
    After returning home from an errand and meeting the UPS driver as she was stepping out of the UPS van, I quickly stopped my car in front of her to let her know that she was looking for "me". After signing for the package, I quickly noticed how heavy the box was. It felt like a friggin' brick! My initial thought was, "Oh Lord, please don't let me open the box to find that my Watch has been stolen and replaced by a block of concrete or something...(laughing)...Thankfully, nothing wicked occurred. Anyway, the box presentation was in typical Apple fashion. The device itself looks classy, and the rubber band was thin, flexible, but strong unless the thick rubber band of my Polo watch. Well, being a "real" man, I didn't bother reading the startup instructions I peeled off the plastic protective stuff, plugged the charging thingy in the socket and then placed the Watch on the charger just to discover that it was almost full. After quickly pairing the watch with my iPhone 6 Plus, I set up the apps that I wanted on the watch and then set up Pay. I haven't used Pay via my Watch, but you know I will soon. Getting acclimated with the device isn't as difficult as some people have complained it to be, but I chalk that up to me being a tech enthusiast. Having said that, I can see how it would be intimidating to a non-techie. I've had the watch now for two and a half hours now and I'm, for the most part, settled in with it. The notifications are great and doesn't make me want to immediately respond like I would if I was on my iPhone. Speaking of the iPhone, I've not used it much since donning the Watch. Anyway, do I need the Watch? Nope. Had it not been a gift, would I have gotten it? Nope . Am I glad I did get it? Definitely YES! Will I use it much? I'll be using it EVERY day....(laughing).
    Sweet finally glad to read your opinion and glad you're liking it! Welcome to the Watch club!!

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-04-2015 09:13 PM
    Sweet finally glad to read your opinion and glad you're liking it! Welcome to the Watch club!!

Thank you, very much...
    05-04-2015 09:30 PM

Ditto from me.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-04-2015 09:32 PM
    Congrats, D! Glad it came!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-04-2015 09:37 PM
    Ditto from me.
    Thanks, Eric...
    Congrats, D! Glad it came!
    Thanks, Jake...
    05-04-2015 09:39 PM
    Yay! Goodie for you! Mine should be here in a couple days. I may need your expertise! Oh...wait...this is iMore!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-04-2015 09:46 PM
    Yay! Goodie for you! Mine should be here in a couple days. I may need your expertise! Oh...wait...this is iMore!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    Some people have complained about it having a "digital crown", but my advice would be to view it as simply your home button. I'm impressed with the way you can customize the watch face, but I'm more impressed with how accurate dictation is when replying to a message. I've used it numerous times, and it has been spot-on. The Watch is more "practical" than "I" thought it could ever be.
    05-06-2015 08:50 AM
    As said the box the watch is packaged in is very strong and well made, and that's just the outside box, then you get to the White box, then you get to the Plastic box, unless you have forked out thousands for the gold on, I also agree it was easy to set up, though I had read the manual a number of times before delivery and found that to be most helpful.
    Mscatinboston and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-06-2015 01:57 PM