Trying to decide and stuck on keeping 38mm or returning and ordering 42mm

PrincessKick

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
As the title says I am trying to decide on keeping 38mm or returning and ordering 42mm. I've tried on the 42mm at the store and it seems a bit large but having more screen real estate would be nice. The 38mm is a tad bit too small but seems a bit more proportional on my wrist as I apparently don't have as manly wrists as I thought LOL. I really need a 40mm LOL. Is anyone else stuck on whether to swap out for the alternate size? I have until Friday to return this one. The sad fact would be going without an Apple watch until possibly June if I did return the 38mm. I know it's a first world problem but who better to ask than my fellow iMore forum family?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you don't mind waiting a bit for the 38mm, then go for it. You're the one who will be wearing it so you might as well get the one you'll be most comfortable with.

nixtoo

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I really like my 38mm, it's not obvious it's a smart watch. So far there's been no point where I would have needed a bigger screen.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Some of the ship times have slipped even into July. I have average/small dude wrists, but much prefer the 42mm. First, more real estate. Second, more battery (allegedly). Third, higher pixel density. Fourth, slightly easier targets for my finger. The 42mm isn't that big to me.

PrincessKick

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Some of the ship times have slipped even into July. I have average/small dude wrists, but much prefer the 42mm. First, more real estate. Second, more battery (allegedly). Third, higher pixel density. Fourth, slightly easier targets for my finger. The 42mm isn't that big to me.

All of the 42mm sport models now show a July shipping time. I was surprised how much larger the 42mm seemed to me in comparison to the 38mm. If Apple had try ons prior to the pre-order then I probably would have ordered the 42mm.