I wonder if someone will make a sleep monitor app, for the watch, or if Apple intends to add that feature with the next update. It's got everything it needs to that right? I would think that it would use the same mechanism it uses when you turn your wrist towards you to wake it up.
    05-04-2015 07:02 AM
    Well, unless Apple improves the battery life to a point where you don’t need to charge the watch every night, I cannot see them worrying about that feature. With that said, I'm sure third-party developers are working on something.
    05-04-2015 07:54 AM
    Well, unless Apple improves the battery life to a point where you don’t need to charge the watch every night, I cannot see them worrying about that feature. With that said, I'm sure third-party developers are working on something.
    Wear my Apple Watch to bed. I charge it for a couple hours at night before bed, and I don't have any problems with battery life. (I don't use the Workout app for long periods though.) When I get up in the morning I have about 80% battery. It would be great if we could get some sleep tracking.
    brengla likes this.
    05-04-2015 10:58 AM
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the benefit of sleep monitoring? I'm curious.
    05-04-2015 12:28 PM
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the benefit of sleep monitoring? I'm curious.
    I have been using a fitbit for this. It lets me know how much I actually sleep. When I am doing morning long runs and getting up earlier this helps. I can also look at patterns. I have been sleeping poorly for 5 days, what changed during that time? It allows me to make needed adjustments to my schedule or life.
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    05-04-2015 12:36 PM
    Thank you for your response. I can see how that information could be useful.
    05-04-2015 12:38 PM
    I need to charge my Apple Watch at night - so sleep tracking is out of the question. I do use the Pebble for that overnight, and the vibrating alarm is gentler than a loud sounding alarm.
    05-04-2015 01:21 PM
    Lol! I actually thought about my post right after I sent it. I was like, oops, I forgot I have to charge it at night. It does charge rather quickly, so I could put it on the charger when I get home from work, and then put it on when I go to bed.
    05-05-2015 07:09 AM
    I would love this feature since this is one of the things I miss the most about my Fitbit. I would charge my apple watch before bed and I would still have enough battery life to get me through the day.
    05-05-2015 07:36 PM
    I would love this feature since this is one of the things I miss the most about my Fitbit. I would charge my apple watch before bed and I would still have enough battery life to get me through the day.
    It is what I miss about my Fitbit as well. I am trying Sleep Cycle phone app.
    05-05-2015 08:19 PM
    It is what I miss about my Fitbit as well. I am trying Sleep Cycle phone app.
    Same. Been using Sleep Cycle for a few days, actually tracks sleep well even from my dock. It even reminds me when I wake up to turn off the sleep mode. However, wish it reminded me when to turn it on or just knew I went to bed as phone is on charger, I'm home and not moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-06-2015 02:13 AM
    This was actually the main turn-off for my wife. She has ordered....and canceled based on this.

She has horrible night terrors...and she loves the ability to track her sleep habits on her Jawbone....so she can see how much (not much) deep sleep she actually gets.
    05-06-2015 06:37 AM
    I have to believe the apps for sleep are coming. I'm sure the watch would be great at it.
    05-06-2015 07:20 AM