It's been a week and I totally love my Watch. BUT... if in-store exchanges were available, I'd trade my 42mm Sport w/white band for the 42mm SS w/white band. I've brushed up against our textured walls too many times already and scratches seem inevitable. I realized my previous watch (mineral crystal) was protected by a bezel so escaped most scratches over the past 6 years of daily wear.

Anybody else think they bought the wrong one?

Because shipping dates are so long I don't want to be without the watch so I'm sticking with what I've got. I hate to whine about it because I feel bad about everybody who is still waiting on their order.
    05-01-2015 06:29 PM
    I don't feel that I've chosen the wrong Watch, and as someone who wears a watch everyday, I don't foresee my Watch getting all scratched up. If, however, it does gets scratched, I won't be concerned as long as it continues to work...
    05-01-2015 06:37 PM
    I feel the same way. However, I don't think it is wise to spend the extra money on the 1st gen. My next one I will be ask SS for sure. I bought apple care so if starts looking to terrible I will just have an accident. 😉
    Mr_Kracker and beingbenjamin like this.
    05-01-2015 07:21 PM
    I feel the same way. However, I don't think it is wise to spend the extra money on the 1st gen. My next one I will be ask SS for sure. I bought apple care so if starts looking to terrible I will just have an accident. 
    Ok, so you didn't think it wise to spend the extra money, and you didn't. For someone who DID think it wise to spend the extra money, they did, too. What's your point?
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    05-01-2015 07:31 PM
    I think I bought the wrong watch generation. I hd the 42 space grey and realized that it wasn't for me so I recently sold it on eBay. I had high hopes but was disappointed, not to say the product was a fail. I'm saying that I'm hopeful for gen2.
    05-01-2015 07:36 PM
    I understand being cautious I ended up selling my space grey preorder online and bought one from someone on here l. Got the stainless and don't regret it at all. The watch feels great looks great and has a lot of features I enjoy.
    05-01-2015 07:46 PM
    I understand being cautious I ended up selling my space grey preorder online and bought one from someone on here l. Got the stainless and don't regret it at all. The watch feels great looks great and has a lot of features I enjoy.
    What "features" do the stainless steel models have that the Sports models don't?
    05-01-2015 07:53 PM
    What "features" do the stainless steel models have that the Sports models don't?
    The sapphire crystal instead of glass is the "feature" that matters to me.
    05-01-2015 07:58 PM
    The sapphire crystal instead of glass is the "feature" that matters to me.
    I understand that, but I thought cornettbr was referring to operational features.
    05-01-2015 08:10 PM
    Ok, so you didn't think it wise to spend the extra money, and you didn't. For someone who DID think it wise to spend the extra money, they did, too. What's your point?
    I was simply stating my own logic when purchasing. The 1st gen is a tad slow and there are some kinks that need to be worked out. 1st gen iPad went out of date much quicker than later versions, I am assuming the watches will be the same and then I will find the SS worth the extra money, since in theory 2nd or 3rd generation will have more longevity. Why is so many people online a little dickish.
    05-01-2015 08:57 PM
    I understand that, but I thought cornettbr was referring to operational features.
    I didn't mean extra features I was talking about the watch in general. There are no extra features from stainless vs aluminum
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-01-2015 09:06 PM
    I purchased a sport model & its been great, with no scratches what so ever. (I am a plumbing contractor) My watch gets bumped a lot. Maybe a stated above, I have worn a watch for years if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-01-2015 09:07 PM
    I purchased a sport model & its been great, with no scratches what so ever. (I am a plumbing contractor) My watch gets bumped a lot. Maybe a stated above, I have worn a watch for years if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    I've always worn a watch as well. Maybe I'm just worrying to much.
    05-01-2015 09:16 PM
    I've always worn a watch as well. Maybe I'm just worrying to much.
    I bought the same one you did (for a 1st gen model I didn't want to go "all in" just yet)... I'm a CT tech in a busy hospital and I'm always bumping in to stuff and I was a bit worried too. I bought a Zagg protector for extra insurance and so far so good. People who I have shown the watch too have no idea that there is a screen protector on it and were pretty surprised how good it did look when I told them.
    05-01-2015 10:22 PM
    Not me. I got the space gray with black band. To me it's a watch that I'll wear daily. If it scratches it scratches. Almost everyone I owe has a scratch or two except for my really good ones I only wear out on special occasions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    05-01-2015 10:47 PM
    For me, I chose the perfect Watch. I got the Space Gray sport with black band. It's the lightest of all watches, and don't like leather or steel bands. The sport band is really soft, and great for my runs and workout program.
    05-01-2015 11:09 PM
    So ended up deciding just to add AppleCare+ for my Sport. Just took a few minutes on the phone to add for which I'm happy because the Apple Store is an hour away. I don't really feel like making that drive until there are bands in store for purchase.
    Mr_Kracker, Terb and tmadsen like this.
    05-02-2015 07:26 PM
    How? lol
    Apple - Support - AppleCare+ - Apple Watch

Purchase AppleCare+ with your new Apple Watch. Or buy it within 60 days of your Apple Watch purchase.

Visit an Apple Retail Store (inspection of Apple Watch and proof of purchase are required).
    Or call (800) 275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase).
    Dlemos likes this.
    05-02-2015 07:33 PM
    I was simply stating my own logic when purchasing. The 1st gen is a tad slow and there are some kinks that need to be worked out. 1st gen iPad went out of date much quicker than later versions, I am assuming the watches will be the same and then I will find the SS worth the extra money, since in theory 2nd or 3rd generation will have more longevity. Why is so many people online a little dickish.
    The real question is why do people come on here and recommend or say they are going to commit insurance fraud ???
    05-02-2015 09:43 PM
    The real question is why do people come on here and recommend or say they are going to commit insurance fraud ???
    I want to be clear that *I* did not buy AppleCare+ for any fraudulent purpose. I bought it because I'm worried I'll accidentally damage the screen.
    05-02-2015 09:55 PM
    I want to be clear that *I* did not buy AppleCare+ for any fraudulent purpose. I bought it because I'm worried I'll accidentally damage the screen.
    And that is the exact same reason I purchased AppleCare+. I'm not accident prone per se, but . . . I am not taking any chances.
    05-02-2015 09:58 PM
    I know you didn't. I was referring to this person.

I feel the same way. However, I don't think it is wise to spend the extra money on the 1st gen. My next one I will be ask SS for sure. I bought apple care so if starts looking to terrible I will just have an accident. 😉
    05-03-2015 07:24 AM
    I know you didn't. I was referring to this person.
    How am I committing insurance fraud, I bought apple care, I already have a small crack, if they won't do anything for outside of using my AppleCare I will wait till my watch gets worse then pay for a replacement. I pretty f'ing sure that is what apple care insurance is for.
    05-03-2015 07:51 AM
    How am I committing insurance fraud, I bought apple care, I already have a small crack, if they won't do anything for outside of using my AppleCare I will wait till my watch gets worse then pay for a replacement. I pretty f'ing sure that is what apple care insurance is for.
    Well you said "you would have an accident" A pre-meditated "accident" would be insurance fraud. But just waiting for it to get worse is ok.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-03-2015 08:00 AM
    I have the Stainless Steel Watch 38mm with Classic Leather Band - i think I'd rather go with the Spacegrey Sport 38mm instead. After one week my usage would be the same in a cheaper, lighter and by far robust enough package!
    But I think I'll keep my SS 38mm Watch...
    05-03-2015 08:14 AM
32 12