Think I bought the wrong model

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I want to be clear that *I* did not buy AppleCare+ for any fraudulent purpose. I bought it because I'm worried I'll accidentally damage the screen.

And that is the exact same reason I purchased AppleCare+. I'm not accident prone per se, but . . . I am not taking any chances.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I want to be clear that *I* did not buy AppleCare+ for any fraudulent purpose. I bought it because I'm worried I'll accidentally damage the screen.

I know you didn't. I was referring to this person.

I feel the same way. However, I don't think it is wise to spend the extra money on the 1st gen. My next one I will be ask SS for sure. I bought apple care so if starts looking to terrible I will just have an accident. 😉

brentino

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I know you didn't. I was referring to this person.

How am I committing insurance fraud, I bought apple care, I already have a small crack, if they won't do anything for outside of using my AppleCare I will wait till my watch gets worse then pay for a replacement. I pretty f'ing sure that is what apple care insurance is for.

anon(5787457)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the Stainless Steel Watch 38mm with Classic Leather Band - i think I'd rather go with the Spacegrey Sport 38mm instead. After one week my usage would be the same in a cheaper, lighter and by far robust enough package!
But I think I'll keep my SS 38mm Watch...

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
How am I committing insurance fraud, I bought apple care, I already have a small crack, if they won't do anything for outside of using my AppleCare I will wait till my watch gets worse then pay for a replacement. I pretty f'ing sure that is what apple care insurance is for.

Yes, that is what Apple Care and warrantees are for. But that's not what you posted, is it ? If your AppleWatch is cracked, simply ask for an exchange. They'll do it.

brentino

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that is what Apple Care and warrantees are for. But that's not what you posted, is it ? If your AppleWatch is cracked, simply ask for an exchange. They'll do it.

I sorry man I think I had my threads confused. I might drop in the Apple Store today to see what they say about the crack. It is very small, so I can live with it until it gets worse if they make me pay for a replacement.

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
It's been a week and I totally love my Watch. BUT... if in-store exchanges were available, I'd trade my 42mm Sport w/white band for the 42mm SS w/white band. I've brushed up against our textured walls too many times already and scratches seem inevitable. :( I realized my previous watch (mineral crystal) was protected by a bezel so escaped most scratches over the past 6 years of daily wear.

Anybody else think they bought the wrong one?

Because shipping dates are so long I don't want to be without the watch so I'm sticking with what I've got. I hate to whine about it because I feel bad about everybody who is still waiting on their order.
If you really think you made a mistake, you may be better off ordering the SS and being without a watch for the short term. A few weeks of waiting may be worth the year or two (or three?) of future enjoyment.

Plus, the SS WSBs seemed to be in better supply than the other SS versions. Your wait may not be as long as Apple is quoting.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm not accident prone per se, but . . . I am not taking any chances.

I can tell you, it saved me the other week. I was out, about three weeks ago, ready to go for a run, and dropped my iPhone 5s on the sidewalk, shattering the screen. I got it in late 2013, and couldn't remember if I purchased AppleCare+. Took it in, and it turns out, I did! Only $79 for a complete replacement with a new one. I only had 119 days left on my extended care. Without that purchase, I'd be out a phone, and would have to pay retail for a new one, or seek an unlocked/carrier locked one on Craigslist or something. Saved my bacon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox