Think I bought the wrong model

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
It's been a week and I totally love my Watch. BUT... if in-store exchanges were available, I'd trade my 42mm Sport w/white band for the 42mm SS w/white band. I've brushed up against our textured walls too many times already and scratches seem inevitable. :( I realized my previous watch (mineral crystal) was protected by a bezel so escaped most scratches over the past 6 years of daily wear.

Anybody else think they bought the wrong one?

Because shipping dates are so long I don't want to be without the watch so I'm sticking with what I've got. I hate to whine about it because I feel bad about everybody who is still waiting on their order.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel that I've chosen the wrong Watch, and as someone who wears a watch everyday, I don't foresee my Watch getting all scratched up. If, however, it does gets scratched, I won't be concerned as long as it continues to work...;)

brentino

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I feel the same way. However, I don't think it is wise to spend the extra money on the 1st gen. My next one I will be ask SS for sure. I bought apple care so if starts looking to terrible I will just have an accident. 😉

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I feel the same way. However, I don't think it is wise to spend the extra money on the 1st gen. My next one I will be ask SS for sure. I bought apple care so if starts looking to terrible I will just have an accident. 

Ok, so you didn't think it wise to spend the extra money, and you didn't. For someone who DID think it wise to spend the extra money, they did, too. What's your point?

iChris8

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I think I bought the wrong watch generation. I hd the 42 space grey and realized that it wasn't for me so I recently sold it on eBay. I had high hopes but was disappointed, not to say the product was a fail. I'm saying that I'm hopeful for gen2.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I understand being cautious I ended up selling my space grey preorder online and bought one from someone on here l. Got the stainless and don't regret it at all. The watch feels great looks great and has a lot of features I enjoy.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand being cautious I ended up selling my space grey preorder online and bought one from someone on here l. Got the stainless and don't regret it at all. The watch feels great looks great and has a lot of features I enjoy.

What "features" do the stainless steel models have that the Sports models don't?

brentino

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so you didn't think it wise to spend the extra money, and you didn't. For someone who DID think it wise to spend the extra money, they did, too. What's your point?

I was simply stating my own logic when purchasing. The 1st gen is a tad slow and there are some kinks that need to be worked out. 1st gen iPad went out of date much quicker than later versions, I am assuming the watches will be the same and then I will find the SS worth the extra money, since in theory 2nd or 3rd generation will have more longevity. Why is so many people online a little dickish.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a sport model & its been great, with no scratches what so ever. (I am a plumbing contractor) My watch gets bumped a lot. Maybe a stated above, I have worn a watch for years if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a sport model & its been great, with no scratches what so ever. (I am a plumbing contractor) My watch gets bumped a lot. Maybe a stated above, I have worn a watch for years if that makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I've always worn a watch as well. Maybe I'm just worrying to much.

blueyz628

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I've always worn a watch as well. Maybe I'm just worrying to much.
I bought the same one you did (for a 1st gen model I didn't want to go "all in" just yet)... I'm a CT tech in a busy hospital and I'm always bumping in to stuff and I was a bit worried too. I bought a Zagg protector for extra insurance and so far so good. People who I have shown the watch too have no idea that there is a screen protector on it and were pretty surprised how good it did look when I told them.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Not me. I got the space gray with black band. To me it's a watch that I'll wear daily. If it scratches it scratches. Almost everyone I owe has a scratch or two except for my really good ones I only wear out on special occasions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For me, I chose the perfect Watch. I got the Space Gray sport with black band. It's the lightest of all watches, and don't like leather or steel bands. The sport band is really soft, and great for my runs and workout program.

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
So ended up deciding just to add AppleCare+ for my Sport. Just took a few minutes on the phone to add for which I'm happy because the Apple Store is an hour away. I don't really feel like making that drive until there are bands in store for purchase.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I was simply stating my own logic when purchasing. The 1st gen is a tad slow and there are some kinks that need to be worked out. 1st gen iPad went out of date much quicker than later versions, I am assuming the watches will be the same and then I will find the SS worth the extra money, since in theory 2nd or 3rd generation will have more longevity. Why is so many people online a little dickish.

The real question is why do people come on here and recommend or say they are going to commit insurance fraud ???

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
The real question is why do people come on here and recommend or say they are going to commit insurance fraud ???

I want to be clear that *I* did not buy AppleCare+ for any fraudulent purpose. I bought it because I'm worried I'll accidentally damage the screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR