42MM Space Gray Black Band - Order Status vs Order Time

skrug2015

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Didn't order my 42 (long) until the afternoon of the 11th (wanted to try one on for color at The Store first), so naturally I've been "Available to ship: June" ever since. (I have bookmarks on all my devices that open the status page, even though I know it's futile.)

Then last night a $49 Applecare charge showed up as pending on my credit card. So now I'm back to reading tea leaves again. From what I can find online, this is either a) a meaningless bit of noise, demonstrating the random nature of the universe, or b) means my Watch exists somewhere (probably on a warehouse shelf, next to the Ark of the Covenant), and will be shipping in 2 to 5 days.

The smart money, of course, is on "a". But does anyone think this will keep me from checking my credit card at least five times an hour? Buehler? Anyone?

hartill

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
from what I've seen, it's a credit card thing and your watch (like mine, I ordered on the 11th too) is somewhere in line for June... believe me, I wish it weren't so

JumpingJayzuz

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I finally....finally...finally have an update, and yes; it's pretty much just what I feared. A very late June shipment. But I'm still naively hoping that Apple surprises me by shipping it earlier than expected. At least by a couple of days.
By the way, it's the Australian Apple Store, hence the ALUMINIUM (cue English Jonny Ive Voice Over) and GREY - with all due respect to my 'Murican buddies - this is how we spell stuff in english.
Just goes to show that people south of the equator are suffering just as much as you guys north of it. Good luck guys!

IMG_0899.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I finally....finally...finally have an update, and yes; it's pretty much just what I feared. A very late June shipment. But I'm still naively hoping that Apple surprises me by shipping it earlier than expected. At least by a couple of days.
By the way, it's the Australian Apple Store, hence the ALUMINIUM (cue English Jonny Ive Voice Over) and GREY - with all due respect to my 'Murican buddies - this is how we spell stuff in english.
Just goes to show that people south of the equator are suffering just as much as you guys north of it. Good luck guys!

View attachment 81519

Same here.

skrug2015

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Yup, as I suspected: the Applecare charge was not a harbinger of good news. Changed this morning from "Available to ship: June" to "Available to ship: 5-6 weeks Delivers: 22 Jun, 2015 - 29 Jun, 2015 by Standard Shipping"

Oh, well. It was too good to be true.

jimbranch

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Order Confirmation Email = :13 on the 10th
Expected Delivery = May 13th - May 27th
Order Status = Processing Item

April 24th I ordered my wife the 38mm sport with white band. She already received her's on Monday the 11th.

townsdan

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Heads Up Regarding Applecare+

So, if you're like me and DID NOT purchase AppleCare+ coverage for the Watch, you will now not be able to purchase it until you get your Watch and can give them a serial number. So what's the big deal? The problem is, you have a 60 day window from the time you "purchase" the Watch to add AppleCare+ to it. Apple considers the date of purchase to be the day you ordered the Watch, NOT the day Apple pulled the funds from your account!! So, if you ordered on April 10, but don't receive the Watch until June 11, you may be unable to add AppleCare+!! I have confirmed all of this with Apple today. The reason they gave me is that they don't have a serial number off the Watch to add to the AppleCare+ account otherwise. I asked them why, then, can you order Applecare+ up front at the time of the initial order?? Response was that the computer, at that singular point of sale, can link AppleCare+ to the order; otherwise AppleCare+ can only be added once you have the serial number. What the rep did for me was notate my account so I could still order AppleCare+ if, for some reason, I receive the Watch AFTER my 60 days are up. If you're concerned as well, contact Apple and have them notate your account.

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Heads Up Regarding Applecare+

So, if you're like me and DID NOT purchase AppleCare+ coverage for the Watch, you will now not be able to purchase it until you get your Watch and can give them a serial number. So what's the big deal? The problem is, you have a 60 day window from the time you "purchase" the Watch to add AppleCare+ to it. Apple considers the date of purchase to be the day you ordered the Watch, NOT the day Apple pulled the funds from your account!! So, if you ordered on April 10, but don't receive the Watch until June 11, you may be unable to add AppleCare+!! I have confirmed all of this with Apple today. The reason they gave me is that they don't have a serial number off the Watch to add to the AppleCare+ account otherwise. I asked them why, then, can you order Applecare+ up front at the time of the initial order?? Response was that the computer, at that singular point of sale, can link AppleCare+ to the order; otherwise AppleCare+ can only be added once you have the serial number. What the rep did for me was notate my account so I could still order AppleCare+ if, for some reason, I receive the Watch AFTER my 60 days are up. If you're concerned as well, contact Apple and have them notate your account.

That doesn't sound right. I won't be getting AppleCare until I get my watch. If I take the watch and shipping receipt in, I'm pretty sure they would add it.

MichaelTroy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
That doesn't sound right. I won't be getting AppleCare until I get my watch. If I take the watch and shipping receipt in, I'm pretty sure they would add it.

I'm sure they would be able to add it. If not, I'm sure they'll receive many complaints and then start making exceptions.

rbernstang

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I actually chatted with them about it last week and they said the 60 days doesn't start until your credit card is charged because technically at this point in time you haven't purchased anything yet

akidd411

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
From this article it doesn't look like AppleCare will help much for a while....

http://www.cultofmac.com/322741/apple-watch-repair/

I find it interesting that they don't have any replacements in stock at stores. I remember having an issue with my 5s when it first came out and they kept some phones available to issue replacements. I was able to swap my phone out even though they were telling people who came in that they didn't have any phones available for purchase.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods