Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Order Confirmation Email at 3:10am EST
42mm Space Gray Aluminum w/ Black Sport Band
Delivers: May 13 - 27

Order Confirmation Email at 4:02am EST
42mm Space Gray Aluminum w/ Black Sport Band
Delivers: May 29 - June 11

Just to make sure I understand - you both ordered right on the 10th? So they are still working on the backlog of orders coming only three to four hours after pre-orders opened?

pez2424

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just to make sure I understand - you both ordered right on the 10th? So they are still working on the backlog of orders coming only three to four hours after pre-orders opened?

Yup. From what I have been reading they are starting to get to ones around the XX:10 am on the 10th

Bifurcated

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Yup. From what I have been reading they are starting to get to ones around the XX:10 am on the 10th
Oh man, that is depressing. I ordered on the 18th. It's still reading June, but I guess that is going to mean later in June, unless they manage to get production ramped up.

I feel your guys' pain, but at least you should be only a week or two away.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe these times are 10 and 62 minutes after ordering opened. 3:10 am EST is 12:10 am PST and 4:02 am EST is 1:10 am PST so they are still working on fulfilling the 1st hours worth of orders. Seems like a huge amount of people tried to order one in the first couple hours after the pre-orders opened. This is fairly typical of Apple products. I figured I would have a long wait because I waited till the next morning to order.

I'm also wondering if the bad batch of Taptic Engines was destined for the initial shipment of 42mm SG-BSB watches adding to the delay...

Bifurcated

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I believe these times are 10 and 62 minutes after ordering opened. 3:10 am EST is 12:10 am PST and 4:02 am EST is 1:10 am PST so they are still working on fulfilling the 1st hours worth of orders. Seems like a huge amount of people tried to order one in the first couple hours after the pre-orders opened. This is fairly typical of Apple products. I figured I would have a long wait because I waited till the next morning to order.

I'm also wondering if the bad batch of Taptic Engines was destined for the initial shipment of 42mm SG-BSB watches adding to the delay...

Wow, just wow.

I'm also wondering if they guessed wrong on the popularity of different case/strap combos. I'd be willing to make a bet that more units of 42mm SG-BSB have been ordered than all other combinations combined.

(Safe bet, since we'll never know.)

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
Order Confirmation Email = :08 on the 10th
Expected Delivery = May 13th - May 27th
Delivered = May 12th

swardraws

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow, just wow.

I'm also wondering if they guessed wrong on the popularity of different case/strap combos. I'd be willing to make a bet that more units of 42mm SG-BSB have been ordered than all other combinations combined.

(Safe bet, since we'll never know.)

I read somewhere (wish I could find that link now) where someone was saying something like 66% for the black band (I'm thinking a good percentage of that was the SG), 22% for white band and about 5-8% each for the other colors.

Brycer79

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I just checked my status and since this morning it changed to preparing to ship!

correction now it shows shipped, so at least the shipping label has been printed.

Last edited:

MichaelTroy

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
3:18 AM EST on 4/10
SG SB 42
Still Processing

I think those whose confirmation are at XX:18/XX:19 are right on the cusp of the next shipping dates beyond 5/27. I'd like to see movement from anyone near my order time to give me more hope. It just amazes me that we're talking about shipments with confirmations minute by minute. Apple really messed up somewhere, but I'm sure we'll never know why.

akidd411

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if I would say they messed up, I think the issue is demand for this brand new product is just off the charts and pretty much impossible to estimate. Just sayin

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I ordered my SGBSB in the morning and got my confirmation at 7:10am on April 10th. I am in the May 29 - June 11th window, so it looks like that window has a wide range of order times.

May 11, 2015
Visit site
7:10 in what time zone? Most of the posts referencing an order confirm time of xx:10 are talking about 10 minutes after midnight pacific time - the first 10 minutes that ordering was available. So far, it appears that group got projected delivery dates of May 13-27.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73