Hi, I really can't decide between the stainless steel and sport watch.

I work outside on the tracks on the railway so my first thought was the stainless until I saw the price!

It's nearly the price of an iPhone (519!) and as much as like the look and style my head is saying no especially considering its a Gen 1 product.

The stainless would be stronger and more robust for work too it's just that price.

Please share your thoughts and it would be great if I could get some views from others that own one or the other and also work in a sim job
    05-01-2015 11:55 AM
    Disclaimer: No model of the Apple Watch is indestructible; therefore, I recommend using reasoned judgment when participation in certain activities.

With that being said, all watch models operate the same—as far as technological functionality. Therefore, whichever Apple Watch speaks to you, “considering” purchasing that one.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-01-2015 12:06 PM
    The face of the SS model is sapphire. So almost impossible to scratch, but potentially easier to shatter than the glass of the sports watch. The SS body can have scratches buffed out by a jeweler. I don't think that is true of the aluminum sports watch. So those are things to consider.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-01-2015 12:21 PM
    I hear the sport models have a problem with the crown sticking. People are having to rinse watch in water. Not an issue yet on my ss watch.
    05-01-2015 12:40 PM
    you could get the sport and add apple care and still save money.

I work construction and was asking my self the same thing. If a chain flys up and hits my watch, it doesn't matter what its made of, its going to get toasted. Ladders, framing hammers, jack hammers, we just need to be careful. just climbing in the back of the truck and pulling something out from under the tool box could be scary. we just need to be a little more careful.

None construction people may be better off considering build material. The impacts of normal life are not nearly as damaging.

Cody
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-01-2015 12:41 PM
    you could get the sport and add apple care and still save money.

I work construction and was asking my self the same thing. If a chain flys up and hits my watch, it doesn't matter what its made of, its going to get toasted. Ladders, framing hammers, jack hammers, we just need to be careful. just climbing in the back of the truck and pulling something out from under the tool box could be scary. we just need to be a little more careful.

None construction people may be better off considering build material. The impacts of normal life are not nearly as damaging.

Cody
    This is true Cody, never thought of that option. Which do you have?
    05-01-2015 12:48 PM
    I have the stainless steel and while I do love it, I see now that I could've been just as happy with the sport
    Just_Me_D and ajl like this.
    05-01-2015 01:46 PM
    I have the stainless steel and while I do love it, I see now that I could've been just as happy with the sport
    This makes my wallet smile. Thank you for your input
    justin_aga likes this.
    05-01-2015 01:58 PM
    42mm space gray black band
    05-01-2015 03:00 PM
    I own the 42mm SG SPORT works just fine for me
    05-01-2015 03:18 PM
    When in doubt, especially for a first-gen product, I will nearly always recommend the Sport with the sport band. It's less money, and you can always wiat for the next-gen product. I have the space gray 42mm sport with black sport band, and I'm careful with it. I got AppleCare+, in case I break it. Cheaper than buying another one full price. Let's face it: at some point, some of our Watches will get scratched or damaged. Apple has taken steps to reduce that possibility. I like the sport with black band because it actually weighs less than any other Apple Watch.
    05-01-2015 04:01 PM