Trouble with Email notifications?

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Having trouble receiving notifications for emails. I get phone call, text messages and reminders notifications but not email. I did get Gmail to work (i.e. receive notifications) by turning on "sounds" on the settings menu on the phone (not the watch settings but the generic settings/Gmail on the phone). But now I get a ding on the watch when I receive mail totally negating the idea of silent haptic notifications. I have several other email accounts (not Gmail) and cannot get any of them to even show up in the notification area. Don't really expect an answer here (was on the phone for 45 minutes with tech support and they had no idea) but do want to alert other people

After one day I have to say I'm underwhelmed in general. The haptic notification is REALLY weak and most of the time I don't feel it. (even after tightening the strap and enabling "Prominent Haptic"). I realize it's a first gen piece but for this kind of money (and it being Apple) I did expect a better experience. Oh well, we'll see what tomorrow brings - thanks for listening

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
You may have gotten one of the early production products with the defective haptic engine, so I'd bring that up to the Genius Bar to check out. Apple changed to a Japanese company when the defect with the Chinese source was discovered, but a few did slip through.

lawrenmel

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks but I'm not even getting the little red dot signifying I have email let alone the haptic feedback. Apple Store 2 hours away. First Apple product that hasn't "just worked". Very disappointed.

Danny Olivo

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not getting notifications at all really. Tried all kinds of configurations and sometimes I'll get a text or call notification, but hardly an email and never a reminder. I don't know, I'm going to have to go see a genius soon.

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly (@Danny Olivo). Same thing. Sometimes nothing, then I'll get a bunch notifications. Seems very hit and miss. I've tried totally resetting and erasing all settings to no avail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner