Low Power mode questions

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I heard that once the battery level gets too low, the Watch will automatically activate the "Power Reserve" mode, so I wanted to ask a few questions to those who own the Watch already.

1. What battery level is considered too low for automatic power reserve activation? 10%? 5%?
2. Once the power reserve mode is activated by the watch automatically due to the low battery level, how long is the battery life going to last now that you only have access to the time?
--------------

3. If you activate the power reserve mode by choice, does the watch have to reboot for it to be deactivated, or it's a simple on and off toggle?
--------------

4. Are calls (continuity) available over WiFi, if both the iPhone and watch connected to the same local network but too far away for a Bluetooth connection?
--------------

5. Regarding the stainless steel version. It comes with a shiny stainless steel USB cable as far as I know. Does it scratch easy? I might need to take the USB cable with me just in case the battery level goes too low, so that I can plug it to my power bank, but I hate scratches so if it does scratch easy I would probably order a plastic one from Apple Store.
--------------
6. Last question. Does the Apple Watch offer Siri dictation in other languages, other than English? The iPhone supports Arabic dictation for example, the Mac doesn't.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Power reserve time only will give 72 hrs for time only.

72 hours when the power reserve mode is turned on after a full charge, or when already too low on power? If too low on power then it's really amazing, and there should be no reason people complain about battery life!

One day you have a smart watch, 3 days an amazing stainless steel watch with a sapphire screen!

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
M.Rizk have you had a read through the iBook or .pdf manual, I think you might get the answer to most if not all of your questions, I don't have mine yet but have read manual three times, will probably forget half of what I have read, but got manual on iPad. Jim

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
M.Rizk have you had a read through the iBook or .pdf manual, I think you might get the answer to most if not all of your questions, I don't have mine yet but have read manual three times, will probably forget half of what I have read, but got manual on iPad. Jim

Nope, never read it. Will search for it now online and read it whenever I have time. Thanks!

And no, I don't have my watch yet. Planning to get one once the finals are over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2