I used to wear wristbands over my watch in the 80s. I haven't done so for years but I was thinking of reviving that just the other day.
    oh wow....remember the little plastic thingies that you could put on your Swatch?!?!?
    05-01-2015 09:20 AM
    Unfortunately, yes, I do remember.
    qbnkelt likes this.
    05-01-2015 09:37 AM
    Screen protector may be worth thinking about now.
    Zagg makes one now and it's available in Best Buy. Already got mine and they installed it
    Trees likes this.
    05-01-2015 10:06 AM
    Zagg makes one now and it's available in Best Buy. Already got mine and they installed it
    Would you mind posting a closeup and what you think of it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-01-2015 10:23 AM
    But does it bend ???
    I'm surprised I haven't see any You Tube videos of some ***** smashing Apple Watches with a hammer ... Yet ...
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    05-01-2015 10:39 AM
    But does it bend ???
    I'm surprised I haven't see any You Tube videos of some ***** smashing Apple Watches with a hammer ... Yet ...
    Search for Will It Blend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-01-2015 10:43 AM
    Someone from some other platform will no doubt point to something on YouTube.

I've got 20 bucks on it. And I know who will be first.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 05-01-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    05-01-2015 01:01 PM
    Good to know, I'll take it off doing yard work! I will also not shower with it - unless it's incidental.
    05-01-2015 04:05 PM
    Nice, good to know they are already available locally. I saw the Spigen ones online, but think it will help to check out protectors in person.
    05-02-2015 08:38 AM
    oh wow....remember the little plastic thingies that you could put on your Swatch?!?!?
    Lol yes I remember them well

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    05-02-2015 08:43 AM
    Ugh, yup. I remember them well. My HS girlfriend had Tons of Swatch Watches and guards, lol. Shame about the cracks and dings on the Sport. Interested to see what Apple Store will say.
    05-02-2015 09:41 AM
    Just bought this on amazon for $14.99. Will only use it when I'm doing things that could be potentially stupid, which may mean it never comes off.

Since I haven't posted 10 times I can't put a link to it, but look up Spigen Apple Watch on Amazon. I bought the white one since I got the White Sport Model.

Or you can go to spigen.com.
    05-02-2015 01:00 PM
    Just like my other Apple devices, this is why I am getting a case and screen protector for this..and AppleCare of course.
    impaler likes this.
    05-02-2015 02:31 PM
    An update:
    I took my watch in to the store and they said that it was a hairline crack and was covered. I dropped it off Monday night and got it back this afternoon. I must say Apples customer service is like no other company I have ever dealt with, and best thing it cost me nothing to get my replacement. All is we'll again 😆
    05-08-2015 07:57 PM
    An update:
    I took my watch in to the store and they said that it was a hairline crack and was covered. I dropped it off Monday night and got it back this afternoon. I must say Apples customer service is like no other company I have ever dealt with, and best thing it cost me nothing to get my replacement. All is we'll again
    Congrats! That's fantastic.
    Mscatinboston likes this.
    05-08-2015 08:37 PM
    I'm amazed they had some replacement stock available. Lucky guy!
    05-08-2015 10:25 PM
    You know, if something hard somehow got flung by a trimmer and accidentally struck the display of an Watch, an iPad, an iPhone or any other smart device's display, chances are the display will crack due to the velocity of the flung object. Having said that, to say that the "sport can crack easily" is misleading., in my opinion.
    05-08-2015 11:10 PM
    You know, if something hard somehow got flung by a trimmer and accidentally struck the display of an Watch, an iPad, an iPhone or any other smart device's display, chances are the display will crack due to the velocity of the flung object. Having said that, to say that the "sport can crack easily" is misleading., in my opinion.
    It's like saying the windshield on a Ford F-150 cracks easily because a semi threw a rock and cracked one.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    Just_Me_D and Scatabrain like this.
    05-08-2015 11:24 PM
    I personally like thicker watches so I don't think I would mind getting a bumper protector for the face of it. I prefer the look over slim and sleek. Deff good to know that happened... have to think protection when I get out the ol' lawn mower this season.
    05-09-2015 05:53 PM
    Someone should've told this fool. He smashed his watch hoping that it didn't crack and got mad when it did.

05-10-2015 07:24 AM
    I don't think this guy understands the concept of different models
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    05-10-2015 07:44 AM
    Someone should've told this fool. He smashed his watch hoping that it didn't crack and got mad when it did.

IDK, can't see me using it that way.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    05-10-2015 07:50 AM

I don't have the patience to deal with videos like that, especially his comment, "and they call this durability?", after he has purposely dropped the watch several times on concrete. #smh. Furthermore, on page 81 of the Watch user's guide, it clearly states, "

"Apple Watch contains sensitive electronic components and can be damaged if dropped, burned,punctured, or crushed."

Anyway, I will always view videos like that as somewhat disrespectful to the people who are waiting or unable to get one.
    taz323, EmceeGeek and Trees like this.
    05-10-2015 11:13 AM
    The guy in that video is a dope.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    taz323 likes this.
    05-10-2015 01:07 PM
    Where's the video of someone dropping a Pebble Watch? Why is it always an Apple gizmo?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    EmceeGeek and Just_Me_D like this.
    05-10-2015 02:39 PM
66 123