What is the social aspect of the Fitness app/apps on the watch like?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Since I have yet to use an Watch I must ask what I'm concerned about most. I use a Fitbit and while the Watch will be superior to it in all of the aspects that are cons on the Fitbit for me. There is one area I don't know about on the Watch. What is the social aspect like on the Watch? In the Fitbit app I have friends who can invite me to challenges. We can talk to each other within the challenge in the app. Weekly I get a Fitbit progress report sent to my email that gives me a run down of how many calories I've burnt, steps I've taken, floors I've climbed, etc. There are also badges that are aquired after passing a certain level. Are there any of these things in the built in Fitness app? Anyone using the Fitbit sync tool to continue using the Fitbit app from the watch? Gimme thoughts and feedback please.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I am a fitbit user waiting for my watch. I am unable to speak first hand, but I think the thing I will miss the most is the friends' connection. That is an area that the apple watch currently lacks. Once I get mine, sometime in May, I will report back with more details. The fitness aspect is something I am very interested in.

PatrickNSF

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at Matchup (https://matchup.io). They're working on the ability to read Heath Kit data now. What's great about their system is that it's cross-platform, so you can do competitions with people using Fitbit, Jawbone, etc.

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
The  Watch fitness app has, as far as I'm aware, no social aspect at this point. It would be a great idea for a future update!

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I plan on still wearing my Fitbit- the One. I really enjoy the social aspect. None of my friends are going to have Apple Watches, and if the two most likely to get one ever get one, they won't be running with it...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro