Is anyone else experiencing Terrible Battery Life with the Watch?

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I know there are threads on battery life already, but I was wondering if anyone else was having on subpar battery life. I can get to 18 hours only if I turn down all settings, notifications at a minimum, etc. I know other people who are getting amazing battery life even on the 38mm watch without changing any notifications and leaving the settings how they were out of the box. I am just wondering if I got the dud of a device.

I plan on eventually swapping it out, but right now they have to send it away. I am going to try and hold out until they are repairing/replacing in stores so I do not have to go 3-5 days without my brand new watch.

I only took my watch off the charger an hour ago and I am down to 95% without really any use. I think I had maybe 3 notifications. I have it set so my watch does not turn on when I raise my wrist, and my brightness is down as low as it goes.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Terrible Battery Life

I have done most of those things and other battery saving techniques. I even reset the Apple Watch to try and correct the issue through that. I have decided to add one app to my Apple Watch at a time, because I suspect there might be a battery hog in there somewhere.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Before making a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store, I recommend starting over. I mean, erase all contents and settings on the Watch and then set it up again. Directions can be found at the bottom of the page via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204567

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually ended up doing that twice today. The second time I did it, I think might have fixed the issue. I believe the issue was the watch was not charging correctly. After looking at the fixes for that, it seems to be working so much better now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually ended up doing that twice today. The second time I did it, I think might have fixed the issue. I believe the issue was the watch was not charging correctly. After looking at the fixes for that, it seems to be working so much better now.

Outstanding!....;)....and thank you for the update.

curtb

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site

What was the fix you used?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Glad it's better now. I've been shocked at how absolutely fantastic my battery life has been. I have used my Watch an exorbitant amount today and I still have 54% battery remaining. I usually end the day with at least 75% left, though, when I use it just a standard amount.

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah.  Watch battery has been outstanding. On normal daily use...I usually end with 30-40 percent.

I can't say the same for my iPhone 6 however. I need to plug it in at my desk at least once during the day.

I know that's a know issue, so I'll be patient!

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been very pleasantly surprised by the battery life on this thing. After the last 3 days of pretty heavy use, including runs with the GPS & heart monitor, GPS turn by turn directions, lots of notifications, using Siri, and just playing with it in general, I'm finding that I'm plugging it in at night after at least 15 hours of use and it's had at least 25-30% charge remaining.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I am still not getting amazing battery life, but I am getting decent enough battery life. I will probably have to have it swapped at some point, but for me it is not pressing. I would rather wait a few months and then get it swapped out.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I am still not getting amazing battery life, but I am getting decent enough battery life. I will probably have to have it swapped at some point, but for me it is not pressing. I would rather wait a few months and then get it swapped out.

That is probably a good idea, since it might be hard to get one right now anyway.

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine's not bad at all. I charge over night and begin the day at 6:50am. I'm in bed around 11-12. When I end the day I'm around 35-50% battery life on my watch and since I'm not checking notifications on my i6, I'm actually saving battery life on my phone. Was ending the day with 20-30% on my phone now I'm about 40-50%. Very good middle ground I've found.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234