Ah go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LVMHgirl likes this.
    04-28-2015 04:23 PM
    The whole piece.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...4ff9de6ea4.jpg

I could wear it on my right wrist which is empty right now lol.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    I would't be able to on either wrist complete coverage all the way down to the actual wrist bone.
    04-28-2015 04:25 PM
    "Grumpiness"?? Are you being ageist? I simply and mater of factly stated my opinion based on knowledge gained in reading about the sensors. Sorry if that bothers you.
    Of course not. I haven't a problem in the world with you, but the way you responded to him was condescending. You basically said that you "couldn't believe" that he didn't figure it out on his own. And as far as the word, grumpiness, I was merely quoting what people said in other threads, which I can refer you to if you'd like but I know you saw it because you were an active participant in those threads, but I don't think the word is all that important. However, I can't recall ever seeing you go out of your way to be nice to someone or to say something positive. The only interaction you and I have had personally, though, was when I asked you why you didn't order your watch earlier and you told me, in a slightly rude way, the answer but added that it wasn't really my business. As I said then, of course it's not my business but it's also not a deeply personal question in which I was invading your privacy. It was just a very light-hearted question that just wasn't that serious.

At the end of the day, I harbor absolutely no ill will toward you, think you're a very intelligent guy, and wish you well, I just think sometimes you could be nicer to people. That's all.
    Illustrator Joe and melbsteve like this.
    04-28-2015 04:27 PM
    For what it's worth... The Watch is capable of Bluetooth pairing to chest strap heart rate monitors via Bluetooth for those who have issues using the Watch's built-in sensor... https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204666
    04-28-2015 04:28 PM
    I've seen a few folks with tattoo wrist coverage. Hopefully they will chime in.

04-28-2015 04:29 PM
    I think you may actually be okay since it's not a total cover. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I was thinking. It looks like there might be enough space in between for it to work.
    04-28-2015 04:30 PM
    [INFO]In short, Apple uses various spectrums of light to track the blood flow through your skin. Anything that reduces that light's reflectiveness ink pigmentation within your skin, for example can interfere with that sensor.[/INFO]

Nobody is being grumpy, lol. It was a question and a statement was given.
    It's important to note the article says natural dark skin pigmentation does not affect the sensor as ink does.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    John Yester likes this.
    04-28-2015 04:42 PM
    Just to clear the air on a few things, from my point of view on this.... It all comes down to wording and how people see things on their side of the screen.

Personally I wasn't going to get a Apple Watch regardless but if I did I would not be happy to find out the heart rate sensor does not play nicely with tattoos.
    I don't believe his response was towards this statement(above), but along the lines of the main article that was referenced. General population going online and ordering it with out understanding how and why things work the way they do.

My thinking is, we are reading text and interpreting it on how we see it. Thinking it's offensive, etc. In that case the article calls out millions of people with out knowledge on how it will not work correctly... It's not offensive it's just lack of knowledge of a product and technology someone else created (Apple).

Now case in point the OP asked for "So what are your guys thoughts?" With that said people are allowed to give their own opinion into the matter, ether some agree or not. Nothing was pointed directly at anyone.

Again are we done with this, and get back on topic.
    kch50428 likes this.
    04-28-2015 04:45 PM
    I'm still looking forward to the other watch features even though there may be a issue with tattoos and the heart sensor.

04-28-2015 04:50 PM
    I'm still looking forward to the other watch features even though there may be a issue with tattoos and the heart sensor.

If I were to buy it the main function I would be looking forward to would be the heart rate sensor. It is the only thing that is teasing me into contemplating a purchase. But I can't justify the cost if it simply does not work for us "select few". So apple will not be getting my dollar.
    04-28-2015 04:59 PM
    I'll be able to A-B it with my non tattoo wrist to see if there is a difference or how much of a difference based on the ink I have.

Illustrator Joe likes this.
    04-28-2015 05:27 PM
    I guess I'm out with the heart rate sensor.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04...078285fd18.jpg

I've had no issues.

ETA: My heart readings do not seem unusual but I have no other reader to test with. Directly under the watch is black, orange, and yellow.

iMore confirms Apple Watch and tattoos are a no go-20150426_012438996_ios.jpg
    04-28-2015 05:28 PM
    For reference without watch. Edit: Tattoo looks lighter than it is due to dry skin.

iMore confirms Apple Watch and tattoos are a no go-img_0741.jpg
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    04-28-2015 05:43 PM
    Does anyone know if the heart monitor will read if it's placed on other areas of the body besides the wrist?

04-28-2015 05:51 PM
    Does anyone know if the heart monitor will read if it's placed on other areas of the body besides the wrist?

I like where this is going... 😉
    John Flud likes this.
    04-28-2015 05:54 PM
    If it does read on another part of the body with no ink one could see if there is a difference in the reading with their ink.

04-28-2015 06:00 PM
    I have tested my FitBit on my arms. Legs. And it works just fine. Also the further up the arm the better FitBit says. Closer to heart so more accurate.
    04-28-2015 06:00 PM
    If it does read on another part of the body with no ink one could see if there is a difference in the reading with their ink.

I did this just now. The readings were within 2 BPM.
    04-28-2015 06:01 PM
    Cool. That sounds good.

04-28-2015 06:10 PM
    This video shows other features having issues with ink.
    Lexic are you experiencing any of this?

04-28-2015 07:17 PM
    This video shows other features having issues with ink.
    Lexic are you experiencing any of this?

Nope. I unlock it when I put it on and it functions normally. Not one issue at all.
    04-28-2015 07:18 PM
    Nope. I unlock it when I put it on and it functions normally. Not one issue at all.
    Sorry didn't include link. But great that you're having no issues.

04-28-2015 07:21 PM
    Sorry didn't include link. But great that you're having no issues.
    I was concerned when I ordered it. I tried researching but could not find any info. I feel lucky that I haven't had issues.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-28-2015 07:24 PM
    I was concerned when I ordered it. I tried researching but could not find any info. I feel lucky that I haven't had issues.
    I haven't ordered yet. I didn't even think about a potential problem. But I'll still get it and see what's up.

04-28-2015 07:33 PM
    I haven't ordered yet. I didn't even think about a potential problem. But I'll still get it and see what's up.

Yeah, you always have your 14-day window anyway. Hopefully it won't come to that though since Lexi isn't having any issues and her wrist is more covered than yours.
    04-28-2015 07:48 PM
65 123