I just want to relate my Apple Pay experiences for those that have not used this Apple Watch feature, or for people without a watch yet.

Ice Machine: This was my first experience with Apple Pay on the watch. It was like magic . . . but for real. I had my iPhone in my pocket and the transaction was fast, smooth, and effortless. (You never forget your first time.)

McDonald's: My wife and I went inside the store; I left my iPhone in the car (parked far away for testing). Again, flawless purchase.

BJ's Wholesale Club: My iPhone was in my pocket. I double pressed the button on my watch and payed for the purchase. No problem whatsoever.

What did I learn? I'm confident I could go for a walk with my watch (leaving my iPhone behind) and stop to purchase a drink/food without worry. Moreover, this is my favorite way to make purchases. Business owners take note: I will be making it a point to frequent establishments that accept Apple Pay--even if I have to go a little out of my way.
    04-26-2015 11:23 AM
    Sweet! Makes me even more excited to get mine.

I love using Apple Pay on my phone, and I'm sure using it on my watch will be just as much fun.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk
    04-26-2015 12:16 PM
    If only we had Apple pay in Canada heh...who am I kidding, we are still waiting on iTunes Radio.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    04-26-2015 12:24 PM
    I'll second that. Apple Pay on the watch is top notch. Somehow, it makes the iPhone method feel like a pain in the ****. And that was even super easy.

We went to Panera Bread and McDonalds over the weekend. Both times the clerks were totally amazed.
    Bigeric23 and TVTechGrl like this.
    04-26-2015 10:24 PM
    I've used the Pay option via my Watch at McDonald's and at a Subway Sandwich Shop, and on both occasions, the process was seamless. The clerk at the Subway Sandwich Shop told me that I was the first person she has seen pay with the Watch. People notice my Watch everywhere I go, but I've yet to see anyone else wearing one. I've seen numerous Pebble Watches and fitness bands, however.
    05-13-2015 08:34 PM
    Same as OP. 2nd time at a vending machine it didn't work. It wasn't the watch. More likely the machine or its network had an issue. I don't blame the watch at all. It made me realize that the convenience of Apple Pay can be interpreted by a network issue.
    05-13-2015 09:42 PM
    I've used the Pay option via my Watch at McDonald's and at a Subway Sandwich Shop, and on both occasions, the process was seamless. The clerk at the Subway Sandwich Shop told me that I was the first person she has seen pay with the Watch. People notice my Watch everywhere I go, but I've yet to see anyone else wearing one. I've seen numerous Pebble Watches and fitness bands, however.
    I've only had 2 clerks say anything when I've used my watch to pay and only 2 people in the wild ask me if I was wearing the Watch. Seems like people are way oblivious or it's just normal now idk.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    05-13-2015 10:00 PM
    I have been using apple watch and apple pay all over Switzerland for the past two weeks, it's beyond convenient.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-14-2015 03:33 AM
    It's kind of cool to use apple pay at Mc Donald's but it really makes them mad when I go thru the drive thru because they don't want to take credit card reader off the wall and they never remember to press the credit button on there register.
    05-14-2015 05:48 AM
    I still have the 5S, so apple pay was new to me. I love it! I look forward to more stores incorporating it. I have also noticed that people usually don't even notice I am paying with my watch.
    05-14-2015 02:03 PM
    Love using Apple pay with my watch. One day at Panera 4 employees gathered around to see it in action. A 1st for them. Always blow them away at Walgreen's as well.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-07-2015 04:20 PM
    Loved Pay on my iPhone... Now with the watch it is a whole new AWESOME experience. Of course I buy more waters from vending machines just because I love watching it, just work!
    06-07-2015 06:23 PM
    Sadly we have neither iTunes Radio nor Apple Pay here in the UK, although there have been reports in the press this weekend that Apple Pay is being launched this very week and an announcement of such was to be made at WWDC. If and when it does, I'll happily use it ...
    06-08-2015 02:17 AM
    I used mine at the grocery store. Was great! No need to use the fingerprint. Also purchased AppleCare+ for the watch. Seemed fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bigeric23 likes this.
    06-09-2015 06:33 AM
    I used mine at the grocery store. Was great! No need to use the fingerprint. Also purchased AppleCare+ for the watch. Seemed fitting.

I never get tired of paying for things with my watch. Apple Pay is so AWESOME!
    viewfly likes this.
    06-09-2015 08:40 AM
    I never get tired of paying for things with my watch. Apple Pay is so AWESOME!
    Makes grocery shopping fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-09-2015 06:56 PM
    Well, the WWDC came and went and with it an announcement about the launch of Apple Pay in the UK. Very happy to see that my bank - First Direct - is one of the initial launch partners. Will gladly use it, on the Watch or phone, when I'm somewhere with a terminal.
    06-10-2015 02:32 AM
    I'm 0-4 in Apple Pay attempts with the watch. I never have a problem with the phone. Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong? Cashiers have told that others seems to have a particular app open prior to the transaction. I have the card entered into the watch and have the password option enabled. Im sure it is something obvious that I am missing.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.
    06-20-2015 03:16 AM
    I'm 0-4 in Apple Pay attempts with the watch. I never have a problem with the phone. Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong? Cashiers have told that others seems to have a particular app open prior to the transaction. I have the card entered into the watch and have the password option enabled. Im sure it is something obvious that I am missing.
    Can't think of anything. Mine has worked perfectly, better than the phone.

I just double click the lower side button, wait for it to show ready, and turn my wrist so watch is on top of and facing the reader. No need to have any app open.

It just works!

RobtRoma likes this.
    06-20-2015 06:39 AM
    Double-click the side button, then hold the watch up to the payment terminal, and it should work. First time I tried it I didn't know to double-click the button and nothing happened.
    06-20-2015 07:36 AM
    Thanks to both of you that replied. I had no idea about the side button! Running out to Walgreens now.
    06-20-2015 12:13 PM
    Thanks to both of you that replied. I had no idea about the side button! Running out to Walgreens now.
    Hope that does it for you. Here's the instructions. See the link for setups and management.

Pay with your Apple Watch:
    Double-click the side button.
    You'll see your default card. To change cards, swipe left or right.
    Hold the face of your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless reader.
    Make sure that you hold your Apple Watch near the reader until you feel a gentle pulse and hear a tone. That's how you know that your payment information was sent.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506

06-21-2015 06:15 AM
    It worked! Thanks very much.
    viewfly and RobtRoma like this.
    06-21-2015 03:35 PM
    Did you verify you're card ? I had to do that with my Capital One Card
    06-22-2015 12:11 AM
    Yeah make sure it's verified. Open the Watch settings app and go to  pay. Check the status of the credit card. My Amex verified from the phone right away, but I needed to call BoA to verify my visa, and it was a separate verification for the phone and the watch.

06-22-2015 01:23 PM
51 123