Apple Watch & Apple Pay

viewfly

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to both of you that replied. I had no idea about the side button! Running out to Walgreens now.

Hope that does it for you. Here's the instructions. See the link for setups and management.

Pay with your Apple Watch:
Double-click the side button.
You'll see your default card. To change cards, swipe left or right.
Hold the face of your Apple Watch within a few centimeters of the contactless reader.
Make sure that you hold your Apple Watch near the reader until you feel a gentle pulse and hear a tone. That's how you know that your payment information was sent.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm 0-4 in Apple Pay attempts with the watch. I never have a problem with the phone. Any thoughts as to what I am doing wrong? Cashiers have told that others seems to have a particular app open prior to the transaction. I have the card entered into the watch and have the password option enabled. Im sure it is something obvious that I am missing.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Did you verify you're card ? I had to do that with my Capital One Card

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeah make sure it's verified. Open the Watch settings app and go to  pay. Check the status of the credit card. My Amex verified from the phone right away, but I needed to call BoA to verify my visa, and it was a separate verification for the phone and the watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I used my watch at a BP station in Central Wisconsin. All went well. But I had to sign the receipt. I thought once done, no signature was needed??

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
it took me a while to figure out you have to add the cards to the phone and the watch ...
The Mirror iphone setting threw me off because i thought it would mirror my cards on my phone

imtravis

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I got to use my watch and Apple Pay while in Niagra Falls, Canada over the weekend. Didn't know if it'd work, as it didn't state Apple Pay, but did say "Tap" so I did. Was awesome!

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I finally got to try Apple Pay at 2 different local Walgreen's. First time, it didn't go very smoothly. It took three or four tries to get the watch to confirm the purchase. Each time I tried before it was accepted, the reader just beeped at me. After a reset from the cashier it worked fine. The second time there was no problem at all. Very cool.

I was a little annoyed that I had to go thru setting up and verifying the cards again. I expected the mirror phone option to carry over all the settings and cards but that didn't happen. Now that it's finally set up, it really is pretty great. I just wish Walgreen's wasn't the only place I frequent that accepts it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple Watch & Apple Pay

I finally got to try Apple Pay at 2 different local Walgreen's. First time, it didn't go very smoothly. It took three or four tries to get the watch to confirm the purchase. Each time I tried before it was accepted, the reader just beeped at me. After a reset from the cashier it worked fine. The second time there was no problem at all. Very cool.

I was a little annoyed that I had to go thru setting up and verifying the cards again. I expected the mirror phone option to carry over all the settings and cards but that didn't happen. Now that it's finally set up, it really is pretty great. I just wish Walgreen's wasn't the only place I frequent that accepts it.

Walgreen's
McDonald's
Subway Sandwich Shop
Panera Bread

All support Pay. Do you frequent any of the others?

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch & Apple Pay

Panera never. McD's maybe 2x a year and Subway maybe 4-6x a year. I usually just pay cash for things like that (under $20). Where I need it is grocery and department stores.

I heard some Home Depot's had it up and running unofficially at one point but it's been taken down for now. Now they are looking into an official agreement with Apple and should have it soon. Would be nice if the same could happen at Lowes. I see Staples is supposed to have it but I haven't seen it in my local store. Hopefully soon.

gmabev

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I had a funny experience today at Macy's. The sales lady asked if I'd be using my Macy's card. I said no thanks I'll be using Apple pay. She said she didn't know what that was. I told her not to worry, just ring up my purchase and I'd show her. When she was ready I held my watch over the machine. It dinged, I'd paid and she still had no idea what I'd done or how. I then gave her a little explanation and demonstration. It really was funny.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had a funny experience today at Macy's. The sales lady asked if I'd be using my Macy's card. I said no thanks I'll be using Apple pay. She said she didn't know what that was. I told her not to worry, just ring up my purchase and I'd show her. When she was ready I held my watch over the machine. It dinged, I'd paid and she still had no idea what I'd done or how. I then gave her a little explanation and demonstration. It really was funny.

(Laughing)....Excellent story, and I had a similar experience, but in a different store. Anyway, did she look at the receipt to see if you had indeed paid?

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Panera never. McD's maybe 2x a year and Subway maybe 4-6x a year. I usually just pay cash for things like that (under $20). Where I need it is grocery and department stores.

I heard some Home Depot's had it up and running unofficially at one point but it's been taken down for now. Now they are looking into an official agreement with Apple and should have it soon. Would be nice if the same could happen at Lowes. I see Staples is supposed to have it but I haven't seen it in my local store. Hopefully soon.

You can try it at these grocery stores if they are in your area: Wegman's (?) and Whole Foods. Macy's is the only department store that I know of that takes Apple Pay. There are other specialty stores that should take it like Champs/Foot Locker, New York & Company and Office Depot, to name a few. Also, BP gas stations should take it.

gmabev

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
(Laughing)....Excellent story, and I had a similar experience, but in a different store. Anyway, did she look at the receipt to see if you had indeed paid?

Yes she did. She told me register said customer paid, so I guess it's ok. And she did give me a receipt. My watch had already told me of my purchase. Gotta love it!

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

You can try it at these grocery stores if they are in your area: Wegman's (?) and Whole Foods. Macy's is the only department store that I know of that takes Apple Pay. There are other specialty stores that should take it like Champs/Foot Locker, New York & Company and Office Depot, to name a few. Also, BP gas stations should take it.

Wegman's is in South Jersey. I'm up in north-east Jersey. I've heard they are very good so I'm hoping they work their way up here. The Whole Foods near me isn't really convenient and it is very expensive. Not worth the trip just for Apple Pay. I will go to Macy's on occasion, just not recently, so I'll look into that.

I've looked at the list of merchants Apple provided and like I said, for the vast majority, I either don't frequent them or rarely do. I like Apple Pay and will use it when it is offered but I'm not going to go out of my way just to use it.

viewfly

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Apple Watch & Apple Pay

The Big Y grocery stores in New England take Apple pay now. I notice that if the bill is over maybe $50, I still have the sign. It was that way with CC too. But I would have thought it would change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in same boat when it first came out cvs was accepting it but then turned it off .. I use them the most as they are really close to me .. Hopefully all terminals will eventually take it and nfc will be a requirement or something. Apple should make a program with big companies to upgrade terminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro