Apple Watch & Apple Pay

WST88

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Where do you find the Log of what you have purchased on Apple Pay? Is there somewhere on your phone to find the history?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Where do you find the Log of what you have purchased on Apple Pay? Is there somewhere on your phone to find the history?

Look in Passbook on your phone or the CC vendors website or App. I use Amex and I can see the latest charges in Passbook and in the Amex app. The Apple Pay transactions say Apple Pay on them.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local grocery store yesterday and noticed a near field reader over the signature pad that I hadn't noticed before. I saw a bunch of credit card logos but didn't see an ApplePay logo. I asked the cashier if I could try using ApplePay. She said she had no idea if it would work or not. She actually had no idea what ApplePay was. Despite that, I tried it once and it didn't work. The cashier said "wait a second" and "then try it again". So I did and it worked. Very convenient option for me now :yes:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I went to my local grocery store yesterday and noticed a near field reader over the signature pad that I hadn't noticed before. I saw a bunch of credit card logos but didn't see an ApplePay logo. I asked the cashier if I could try using ApplePay. She said she had no idea if it would work or not. She actually had no idea what ApplePay was. Despite that, I tried it once and it didn't work. The cashier said "wait a second" and "then try it again". So I did and it worked. Very convenient option for me now :yes:

Don't go by the Pay logo... I try it on any contactless reader I see. Even on ones that don't look like a contactless reader. The ones at Sports Authority are just the big screen swipe terminals, but guess what??? They have readers in them and Pay works :)

It is even easier to try now with my Watch since I don't have to pull my phone to try!

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Now that I'm more aware of the feature and how to use it, I guess I'm looking for it more. I just happened to see the NFC Logo on the CC machine yesterday. Definitely gonna keep my eyes open for the symbol. It was funny watching the guy behind me shaking his head saying "What will they come up with next?" :nerd:

viewfly

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I still get lots of 'wow's, and 'ahhhs', when I used the watch for Apple pay. More so than the iPhone. Since it works at the grocery store, I use it frequently. Never fails to impress the checkout kids.

Same with Panera. I have noticed that the Panera NFC readers are not as sensitive as my grocery stores. It takes several tries at Panera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I still get lots of 'wow's, and 'ahhhs', when I used the watch for Apple pay. More so than the iPhone. Since it works at the grocery store, I use it frequently. Never fails to impress the checkout kids.

Same with Panera. I have noticed that the Panera NFC readers are not as sensitive as my grocery stores. It takes several tries at Panera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll go out of my way to frequent stores that take Apple Pay. The watch just makes it even cooler to use.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I've paid using the phone once, but all others have been with the Watch. So convenient to just double-click, hold up to the terminal and BOSH ... job done. Apple have utterly nailed this as a payment method.

I'm getting quite blase about it now, but other people's responses are still amusing. Reactions I've had have invariably been of the kind that I've just performed an act of witchcraft - I'll never forget the face on that bloke in the KFC queue, whose jaw very nearly hit the floor when he saw what I'd done. Similarly, the till staff in the local Waitrose near where I work are mostly of pension-drawing age and I normally get "Eeee, isn't technology marvellous these days?", followed by a request for an explanation of how it works.

George Hall

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey watch those pension age remarks :) I'm pension age and although I no longer do first adoption I am often getting my looks of surprise from those dawg gum youngsters.

Have 5s so bought Applewatch to get benefit of apple pay. Now couldn't do without my watch for many reasons. Biggest complaints about Apple pay have nothing to do with Applepay itself. It's GREAT! The obvious main complaint, not enough places have readers or accept Applepay. So far I have used it at BJ's, Macy's, and Mickey D's. CVS will lose me soon if they don't get on board soon. Really wish Stop and Shop would get on the program since that is such a almost daily stop and the best place not to have to reach for wallet.

Second complaint is about store employee training. The often answer to question about taking Applepay, I don't know. The amazed look when you know and use it. To my way of thinking if YOUR CASHIERS don't know what payment YOUR business takes, you are on the road to oblivion since I can only imagine what else your employees don't know. A cashier should know how to get YOU paid store owner! But then again boss doesn't know either, just a society of dumb terminals now?

George in NY

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen