I used my watch at a BP station in Central Wisconsin. All went well. But I had to sign the receipt. I thought once done, no signature was needed??
    06-22-2015 01:49 PM
    I used my watch at a BP station in Central Wisconsin. All went well. But I had to sign the receipt. I thought once done, no signature was needed??
    That's probably a store requirement.
    06-22-2015 01:58 PM
    it took me a while to figure out you have to add the cards to the phone and the watch ...
    The Mirror iphone setting threw me off because i thought it would mirror my cards on my phone
    06-22-2015 02:55 PM
    I got to use my watch and Apple Pay while in Niagra Falls, Canada over the weekend. Didn't know if it'd work, as it didn't state Apple Pay, but did say "Tap" so I did. Was awesome!
    06-22-2015 04:42 PM
    I used mine today. Thought it was way easier than using it on the phone. I felt like James Bond status.
    RobtRoma likes this.
    06-23-2015 12:42 PM
    I finally got to try Apple Pay at 2 different local Walgreen's. First time, it didn't go very smoothly. It took three or four tries to get the watch to confirm the purchase. Each time I tried before it was accepted, the reader just beeped at me. After a reset from the cashier it worked fine. The second time there was no problem at all. Very cool.

I was a little annoyed that I had to go thru setting up and verifying the cards again. I expected the mirror phone option to carry over all the settings and cards but that didn't happen. Now that it's finally set up, it really is pretty great. I just wish Walgreen's wasn't the only place I frequent that accepts it.
    06-23-2015 12:57 PM
    I finally got to try Apple Pay at 2 different local Walgreen's. First time, it didn't go very smoothly. It took three or four tries to get the watch to confirm the purchase. Each time I tried before it was accepted, the reader just beeped at me. After a reset from the cashier it worked fine. The second time there was no problem at all. Very cool.

I was a little annoyed that I had to go thru setting up and verifying the cards again. I expected the mirror phone option to carry over all the settings and cards but that didn't happen. Now that it's finally set up, it really is pretty great. I just wish Walgreen's wasn't the only place I frequent that accepts it.
    Walgreen's
    McDonald's
    Subway Sandwich Shop
    Panera Bread

All support Pay. Do you frequent any of the others?
    06-23-2015 01:24 PM
    Panera never. McD's maybe 2x a year and Subway maybe 4-6x a year. I usually just pay cash for things like that (under $20). Where I need it is grocery and department stores.

I heard some Home Depot's had it up and running unofficially at one point but it's been taken down for now. Now they are looking into an official agreement with Apple and should have it soon. Would be nice if the same could happen at Lowes. I see Staples is supposed to have it but I haven't seen it in my local store. Hopefully soon.
    06-23-2015 05:41 PM
    I had a funny experience today at Macy's. The sales lady asked if I'd be using my Macy's card. I said no thanks I'll be using Apple pay. She said she didn't know what that was. I told her not to worry, just ring up my purchase and I'd show her. When she was ready I held my watch over the machine. It dinged, I'd paid and she still had no idea what I'd done or how. I then gave her a little explanation and demonstration. It really was funny.
    06-23-2015 09:05 PM
    I had a funny experience today at Macy's. The sales lady asked if I'd be using my Macy's card. I said no thanks I'll be using Apple pay. She said she didn't know what that was. I told her not to worry, just ring up my purchase and I'd show her. When she was ready I held my watch over the machine. It dinged, I'd paid and she still had no idea what I'd done or how. I then gave her a little explanation and demonstration. It really was funny.
    (Laughing)....Excellent story, and I had a similar experience, but in a different store. Anyway, did she look at the receipt to see if you had indeed paid?
    06-23-2015 09:09 PM
    Panera never. McD's maybe 2x a year and Subway maybe 4-6x a year. I usually just pay cash for things like that (under $20). Where I need it is grocery and department stores.

I heard some Home Depot's had it up and running unofficially at one point but it's been taken down for now. Now they are looking into an official agreement with Apple and should have it soon. Would be nice if the same could happen at Lowes. I see Staples is supposed to have it but I haven't seen it in my local store. Hopefully soon.
    You can try it at these grocery stores if they are in your area: Wegman's (?) and Whole Foods. Macy's is the only department store that I know of that takes Apple Pay. There are other specialty stores that should take it like Champs/Foot Locker, New York & Company and Office Depot, to name a few. Also, BP gas stations should take it.
    RobtRoma likes this.
    06-23-2015 09:50 PM
    (Laughing)....Excellent story, and I had a similar experience, but in a different store. Anyway, did she look at the receipt to see if you had indeed paid?
    Yes she did. She told me register said customer paid, so I guess it's ok. And she did give me a receipt. My watch had already told me of my purchase. Gotta love it!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-23-2015 10:18 PM
    You can try it at these grocery stores if they are in your area: Wegman's (?) and Whole Foods. Macy's is the only department store that I know of that takes Apple Pay. There are other specialty stores that should take it like Champs/Foot Locker, New York & Company and Office Depot, to name a few. Also, BP gas stations should take it.
    Wegman's is in South Jersey. I'm up in north-east Jersey. I've heard they are very good so I'm hoping they work their way up here. The Whole Foods near me isn't really convenient and it is very expensive. Not worth the trip just for Apple Pay. I will go to Macy's on occasion, just not recently, so I'll look into that.

I've looked at the list of merchants Apple provided and like I said, for the vast majority, I either don't frequent them or rarely do. I like Apple Pay and will use it when it is offered but I'm not going to go out of my way just to use it.
    06-24-2015 12:19 PM
    The Big Y grocery stores in New England take Apple pay now. I notice that if the bill is over maybe $50, I still have the sign. It was that way with CC too. But I would have thought it would change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-24-2015 05:45 PM
    I'm in same boat when it first came out cvs was accepting it but then turned it off .. I use them the most as they are really close to me .. Hopefully all terminals will eventually take it and nfc will be a requirement or something. Apple should make a program with big companies to upgrade terminals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-24-2015 08:42 PM
    Where do you find the Log of what you have purchased on Apple Pay? Is there somewhere on your phone to find the history?
    06-25-2015 04:26 PM
    thank's my friends
    06-26-2015 10:03 AM
    Where do you find the Log of what you have purchased on Apple Pay? Is there somewhere on your phone to find the history?
    Look in Passbook on your phone or the CC vendors website or App. I use Amex and I can see the latest charges in Passbook and in the Amex app. The Apple Pay transactions say Apple Pay on them.
    06-26-2015 10:25 AM
    I went to my local grocery store yesterday and noticed a near field reader over the signature pad that I hadn't noticed before. I saw a bunch of credit card logos but didn't see an ApplePay logo. I asked the cashier if I could try using ApplePay. She said she had no idea if it would work or not. She actually had no idea what ApplePay was. Despite that, I tried it once and it didn't work. The cashier said "wait a second" and "then try it again". So I did and it worked. Very convenient option for me now
    Just_Me_D and bamf-hacker like this.
    07-07-2015 08:13 AM
    I went to my local grocery store yesterday and noticed a near field reader over the signature pad that I hadn't noticed before. I saw a bunch of credit card logos but didn't see an ApplePay logo. I asked the cashier if I could try using ApplePay. She said she had no idea if it would work or not. She actually had no idea what ApplePay was. Despite that, I tried it once and it didn't work. The cashier said "wait a second" and "then try it again". So I did and it worked. Very convenient option for me now
    Don't go by the Pay logo... I try it on any contactless reader I see. Even on ones that don't look like a contactless reader. The ones at Sports Authority are just the big screen swipe terminals, but guess what??? They have readers in them and Pay works

It is even easier to try now with my Watch since I don't have to pull my phone to try!
    RobtRoma and Just_Me_D like this.
    07-07-2015 09:01 AM
    Now that I'm more aware of the feature and how to use it, I guess I'm looking for it more. I just happened to see the NFC Logo on the CC machine yesterday. Definitely gonna keep my eyes open for the symbol. It was funny watching the guy behind me shaking his head saying "What will they come up with next?"
    07-07-2015 09:28 AM
    I still get lots of 'wow's, and 'ahhhs', when I used the watch for Apple pay. More so than the iPhone. Since it works at the grocery store, I use it frequently. Never fails to impress the checkout kids.

Same with Panera. I have noticed that the Panera NFC readers are not as sensitive as my grocery stores. It takes several tries at Panera.

Bigeric23 likes this.
    08-14-2015 08:29 AM
    I still get lots of 'wow's, and 'ahhhs', when I used the watch for Apple pay. More so than the iPhone. Since it works at the grocery store, I use it frequently. Never fails to impress the checkout kids.

Same with Panera. I have noticed that the Panera NFC readers are not as sensitive as my grocery stores. It takes several tries at Panera.

I'll go out of my way to frequent stores that take Apple Pay. The watch just makes it even cooler to use.
    viewfly likes this.
    08-14-2015 03:39 PM
    Still waiting for my two debt cards to accept s pay system. Hopefully soon
    08-14-2015 04:37 PM
    I've paid using the phone once, but all others have been with the Watch. So convenient to just double-click, hold up to the terminal and BOSH ... job done. Apple have utterly nailed this as a payment method.

I'm getting quite blase about it now, but other people's responses are still amusing. Reactions I've had have invariably been of the kind that I've just performed an act of witchcraft - I'll never forget the face on that bloke in the KFC queue, whose jaw very nearly hit the floor when he saw what I'd done. Similarly, the till staff in the local Waitrose near where I work are mostly of pension-drawing age and I normally get "Eeee, isn't technology marvellous these days?", followed by a request for an explanation of how it works.
    08-19-2015 09:04 AM
51 123