So all the way leading up to the  Watch preorder, my wife hated the idea of getting one...I knew I would be getting one...so here is our timeline.

Week of preorder: "I just don't get it...it looks stupid.

Night of preorder: "I have no desire to get one"

Day before launch "omg Chris. Shut up about the Apple Watch"

Day after launch:"the Mickey face is so cute...I hate that I love your watch...fine...order me one"

She wanted the 38mm blue band sport. Boom! It should be here in June! (Or sooner...maybe)

Have you had anyone in your house decide they really want it, after talking it down since last year when it was announced?
    04-26-2015 09:28 AM
    The blue sport band is the least popular one. Especially the 38mm. She will get her watch much much sooner than June.
    cessex likes this.
    04-26-2015 09:59 AM
    To clarify. I don't mean to say blue band is ugly. Is just the least popular one. That's why Apple is offering the blue band with an guaranteed expedited shipping to the developers.
    cessex likes this.
    04-26-2015 10:00 AM
    So all the way leading up to the  Watch preorder, my wife hated the idea of getting one...I knew I would be getting one...so here is our timeline.

Week of preorder: "I just don't get it...it looks stupid.

Night of preorder: "I have no desire to get one"

Day before launch "omg Chris. Shut up about the Apple Watch"

Day after launch:"the Mickey face is so cute...I hate that I love your watch...fine...order me one"

She wanted the 38mm blue band sport. Boom! It should be here in June! (Or sooner...maybe)

Have you had anyone in your house decide they really want it, after talking it down since last year when it was announced?
    Nope, no "late comers" here. But your conversation does sound eerily familiar.

My wife has accused me of what she calls "the Apple dance" every time Apple releases a new item or version. She knows that I will be upgrading my phone every year, so I get a pass there, but she recites my comments back to her as I waiver about the decision to buy a new Apple product.

• First: "I would never purchase that (item name). It's overpriced, and something that I would never even want."
    • Second: "That (item) is kind of cool. Not sure that I would pay that much for though. It seems unnecessary."
    • Third: "Wow, I have been reading about the new Apple (item). It's got some pretty awesome new features. But the one I have is perfectly fine. Don't worry, I'm not buying it."
    • Fourth: "You know, my (current version of the newly announced item) is starting to show signs of age. But I can make it last another year or two."
    • Fifth: "What would you say if I told you that I wanted the new Apple (item), after all?"
    • Sixth: "Ok, I just ordered my new (item). It should be here on Friday."
    • Seventh: "Honey? Where did you go? Where are all your clothes, shoes and stuff?"
    cessex, Bigeric23 and Bifurcated like this.
    04-26-2015 10:15 AM
    Oh yeah. I understand about the blue. I kind of think a good percentage of buyers are guys. Not all of course...but that is why the space grey sport was such a hit.

She's usually right there with me, nerding out over a new iPhone or MacBook. She never got super into the iPad. She has one, but it kind of collects dust.

The watch conversation went the same way as her first iPhone though. I bought the 3G as my first iPhone. At that same time she bought an LG Vu thinking it would be the same thing. She took back the Vu for the 3G. We are now mirroring that with a Jawbone Up. She will be giving her week old Up to her mom when her watch arrives.
    04-26-2015 04:29 PM
    I'm trying to get my wife excited about the Apple Watch by Christmas. But your conversation with your wife sounds just like what my wife said about the iPad. Now I know I'm not alone.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
    cessex likes this.
    04-26-2015 04:38 PM