May13 to May 27

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So I look at my credit card and noticed my available credit dropped. So I looked at my account and its prepared for shipment!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!
Space gray aluminum 3:08am ordered! So happy I'll have it for my upcoming trip!!!!

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So I look at my credit card and noticed my available credit dropped. So I looked at my account and its prepared for shipment!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!
Space gray aluminum 3:08am ordered! So happy I'll have it for my upcoming trip!!!!

It's seeming like they're just now fulfilling the XX:08-XX:10 am pre-orders for your model, congratulations!

RobMar321

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Seconds after pre-orders started in April 10, I ordered 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Bright Blue Leather Loop (Medium) FIRST, then seconds later ordered Sport 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band.

Original May 13-27 ship dates.

Both have kept the "Processing Order" status until now, May 10 at 8:57 am PDT--The ALUMINUM SPACE GRAY model has shipped.

Given the popularity and supply of the Space Gray Sports model--just curious as to why it is already on its way and my SS model is still stuck in PROCESSING.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Seconds after pre-orders started in April 10, I ordered 42mm Stainless Steel Case with Bright Blue Leather Loop (Medium) FIRST, then seconds later ordered Sport 42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band.

Original May 13-27 ship dates.

Both have kept the "Processing Order" status until now, May 10 at 8:57 am PDT--The ALUMINUM SPACE GRAY model has shipped.

Given the popularity and supply of the Space Gray Sports model--just curious as to why it is already on its way and my SS model is still stuck in PROCESSING.

I think the SS models are more difficult to manufacture, because the aluminum models seem to ship/deliver much quicker in my opinion.

MikeMrzbass

May 10, 2015
Visit site
Finally got that email from Apple saying my witch's will be at my house on 5/13!
Happy days are just around the corner and the question is whether it's worth the money and time I have been waiting for the watches!👍👎👌

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I think the SS models are more difficult to manufacture, because the aluminum models seem to ship/deliver much quicker in my opinion.

I believe the aluminum watch shells are poured into molds, whereas the stainless steel and gold watches are machined from a solid billet. I'm guessing the delay with the Stainless Steel w/link bracelet (both silver and black) is the manufacturing of the link bracelet. Apple's site says the link bracelet takes nine hours to make, so it's probably a production issue.

My spouse's Stainless Steel w/Black Sport Band arrived last week. Both were ordered at the same time on April 10th, with a delivery window of May 13-27. So, his arrived early. I'm hoping to see movement on mine this week.

a2dmusic

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm guessing the delay with the Stainless Steel w/link bracelet (both silver and black) is the manufacturing of the link bracelet. Apple's site says the link bracelet takes nine hours to make, so it's probably a production issue.

You'd think! But Apple is now shipping SS link bracelets to people who ordered extra/secondary bands. So they got their watch (Say SS with some sport band) and they're now getting their link bracelets too... while those of us who ordered SS w/link bracelet watches have seen no movement at all. It's hard to call that a production issue (or if it IS... it's a more complicated one than the lead-time on manufacturing of the link bracelet itself).

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
You'd think! But Apple is now shipping SS link bracelets to people who ordered extra/secondary bands. So they got their watch (Say SS with some sport band) and they're now getting their link bracelets too... while those of us who ordered SS w/link bracelet watches have seen no movement at all. It's hard to call that a production issue (or if it IS... it's a more complicated one than the lead-time on manufacturing of the link bracelet itself).

I agree. But, because they now have enough link bracelets to ship individually, that gives me hope that they just acquired a batch of link bracelets to package them up with the watches, so we'll see movement this week. So, rather than annoyed, I'm encouraged by this development.

ChrisxJacobsen

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
My card was charged last night and this morning my status changed to "Preparing to ship". I hope it's soon, this is the most patient I have ever been for a new thing!!!

42mm Space Grey aluminum w/ black sport band here. Ordered at 12:08 am PST.

cwilliams706

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My card was charged last night and this morning my status changed to "Preparing to ship". I hope it's soon, this is the most patient I have ever been for a new thing!!!

42mm Space Grey aluminum w/ black sport band here. Ordered at 12:08 am PST.

Your model watch must have a massive pre-order queue!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR