I'm pretty sure Bluetooth would not reach from the second-floor office to first-floor patio.

Take a look at this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7011282
    Thanks Eric. So a couple of things for me to look at there. One thing I noticed there is that phone calls are not in the list of wifi activities. As one of the posters there discussed he had his airport as a bridge. I do as well. The way he fixed it was to open wifi on first router. That's not possible for me as first router is high end router that does not support wifi. Will have to think on changing airport out of bridge mode as my setup relies on rules setup on first router.

At least I now have something new to test. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-29-2015 08:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure Bluetooth would not reach from the second-floor office to first-floor patio.

Take a look at this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7011282
    Alright: Big Eric for the Big Win!

Changed my airport to DHCP instead of bridge, adjusted the assignable ranges and restarted it. Turned off BT on phone, walked to very far end of wifi range away from phone (why not) and was able to use everything on watch including messages, weather, music controls (although away from phone this is pointless) AND - drum roll - Phone calls.

UPDATE: Important to connect to phone over BT once before going to WiFi with watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Scatabrain; 04-29-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    04-29-2015 09:40 AM
    I don't have an Watch, but the range for BT 4.0 is approximately 100 meters (330 feet +/-). Not sure what the real world limitations will be.
    Most Bluetooth range is about 33 feet average. My headset goes about 20 feet before it starts misbehaving. Maybe I don't have 4.0.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    04-29-2015 09:55 AM
28 12