Power Saving Tip.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Turn off 'Wrist Raise'. I know it's a cool feature and all but it's a major battery drainer, because every time your watch is relatively aiming toward your face (just from natural movements) it flashes the time. Without it on, all you do is simply tap the screen to wake it, and cover it up to turn it back off. My watch has been off the charger for about 12 hours, I've taken a few calls, responded to numerous messages, browsed the Gram (Instagram) for a total of 20 mins, browsed Twitter for a total of 20 minutes, used turn by turn navigation for about 15 minutes, watched a few small videos, and checked time several times and my watch is still boasting 45% left on the battery.

But you could always do a trial run for yourself and see what I mean, an average day with it on and with it off. Let me know what you find.

substring

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been wearing it all day today and the battery is holding up very well. I did not turn anything off and I am keeping all the default settings so that I can set a base line. The battery is doing just fine. I don't know why people worry so much about it.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Turn off 'Wrist Raise'. I know it's a cool feature and all but it's a major battery drainer, because every time your watch is relatively aiming toward your face (just from natural movements) it flashes the time. Without it on, all you do is simply tap the screen to wake it, and cover it up to turn it back off. My watch has been off the charger for about 12 hours, I've taken a few calls, responded to numerous messages, browsed the Gram (Instagram) for a total of 20 mins, browsed Twitter for a total of 20 minutes, used turn by turn navigation for about 15 minutes, watched a few small videos, and checked time several times and my watch is still boasting 45% left on the battery.

But you could always do a trial run for yourself and see what I mean, an average day with it on and with it off. Let me know what you find.

I was saying this from the hoop, I def intend to turn this off from the moment I receive the watch.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you do, but I found the screen was constantly turning on while I was driving. So the raise to wake feature clearly had to be turned off.

With it off, I find the experience more controlled, which is fine. No problem with notifications, so no real losses. If I need to wake it, I just tap the screen.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I find it always turns on while driving too. With that said, I've been using it like crazy today...and its holding up quite well!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why people worry so much about it.

I think you might be confused about my intention of this post. If you're implying that I'm "worried so much about it", you are very wrong. I was just simply sharing an observation [that has worked for me] to others who might be looking for this type of feedback.

mtlscream

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Great idea...
Also, for me, the best trick I could give.... To maximize the battery... When u get your watch (or phone, or iPad,...) make sure u drain completely the battery first and charge it to 100% and repeat this 2-3 time in a row... After that usually, the battery capacity will be maximize . Usually lithium battery get it full potential after a few complete full drain/full charge cycle..

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
No need to condition battery. No reason to drop charge all the way down and back up. Older batteries you might have to do this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711