How well does the Apple Watch function as a fitness device?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello folks

The one thing that I am interested in above everything else with the new Apple Watch is how it functions as a fitness device.

I go to the gym a lot and do a lot of cardio and hypertrophy work and the built in fitness app seems less than optimal for that kind of fitness regime and more suited to those that run/walk distances.

I'd love to hear the impressions on the Apple Watch from folks that have used one whilst they work out in the gym on machines, free weights and so on and who don't do much running please.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch as a fitness device

While there may not seem to be much now - I think there's much, much more to come... reports of the tear down of the watch are saying the sensor pack on the watch back may be more capable than just pulse... it is supposedly also quite capable of oximetry...but that capability is disabled in firmware...allegedly because of FDA hurdles...

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: Apple Watch as a fitness device

That's what I'm hoping. My Fitbit died a little over a year after purchase. Bricked totally. I've been without since...because I wanted to see what the  watch could do...

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods