Speaker too quiet?

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one who finds the speaker volume too quiet? It's fine in the house when there's no noise but when driving I can barely hear people. Hopefully fixed in an update maybe it's just a software thing( I say this because I had that issue with my one plus one)

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
That's good. Keeps those rude people talking on the phone on speaker while in public. Nobody wants to listen to your conversation!! Keep it down! Lol

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
this was my only big disappointment.

i was really looking forward to answering/taking incoming calls that i know are going to be less than 60 seconds, on my watch. with seat belts and tool belts at work, its hard to pull out my phone as often as i do.

the volume level was WAY TO LOW to be usable. this is not a question if rude people should have their long conversations, in public, on speaker phone. its a question of "if this device does it, it should do it well". at least good enough to be usable. i wish they wouldn't have even included the feature if we couldn't use it.

i don't know if a software update will fix this or not. i feel if there is ever a jailbreak, this will be one of the many complaints that jailbreak devs will try and fix.

we may have to wait for 2 gen apple watch though.

Cody

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
this was my only big disappointment.

i was really looking forward to answering/taking incoming calls that i know are going to be less than 60 seconds, on my watch. with seat belts and tool belts at work, its hard to pull out my phone as often as i do.

the volume level was WAY TO LOW to be usable. this is not a question if rude people should have their long conversations, in public, on speaker phone. its a question of "if this device does it, it should do it well". at least good enough to be usable. i wish they wouldn't have even included the feature if we couldn't use it.

i don't know if a software update will fix this or not. i feel if there is ever a jailbreak, this will be one of the many complaints that jailbreak devs will try and fix.

we may have to wait for 2 gen apple watch though.

Cody
I've always thought Apple seems to think everyone had excellent hearing. Even the iPhones are hard to hear for many. My Wife's little LG Enlighten had better sound than my iPhone 4 and 5.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I've always thought Apple seems to think everyone had excellent hearing. Even the iPhones are hard to hear for many. My Wife's little LG Enlighten had better sound than my iPhone 4 and 5.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Agreed. I've always had an issue with the speakers on my iPhones. This little speaker is awfully quiet unless I'm at home with some semblance of quiet. I don't really use it for phone calls unless it's just a quick one though

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I don't see it getting much better. Only so much space to work with. And Apple is about making it thinner later. At least in the car there's BT, so it's not an issue.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't see it getting much better. Only so much space to work with. And Apple is about making it thinner later. At least in the car there's BT, so it's not an issue.

Unless you don't have a car with Bluetooth I have a 2006 GMC Sierra and I don't have Bluetooth in my truck or my work vehicles this was a big draw to the apple watch over the Moto 360

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Are people still having speaker issues? I am. When people leave a record message, i can't hear, even with my ear to the watch

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so yesterday I went into settings on my watch, and saw that the sound was muted, which was weird since I changed on my ape watch app on the phone. Anywho, I made a phone call to my wife to test it yesterday and bam! Fixed.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox