Keeper for me, wife returning hers

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I don't have anyone to send drawings to now..lol At least i got a few out of the way and sent her a heartbeat. BTW someone already pounced on it. It's sold.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's the other way around in our house! I keep trying to get my husband interested in getting an Watch, but he just now. He says he hasn't had anything on his wrist for 30 years, and has no interest in starting now. Meanwhile, he always gripes about having to fish his phone out of his pocket when he gets calls or alerts... I'm still hoping that once he sees it in action, he'll get more interested!

Laura

And I remember the days of driving around looking for a pay phone. No cells then. And we gripe about reaching in our pockets. LOL My, how times have changed.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Still having difficulty with this whole "opinion" thing aren't you? LOL!

NOTHING Apple makes is a necessity...they aren't in the business of making things that qualify as necessary.

Toy? Not even remotely. It's no more a toy than a pedometer is a toy for someone who uses it for said feature. It's no more a toy than an iPhone is for people who use it for those features. And it's a feature rich watch too...and I doubt 99% of people who buy watches consider them "toys".

Thanks for sharing your incredibly thought out opinion though, as always, it's a pleasure seeing you contribute so much to the community.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/qHho9D3nk3nS8/giphy.gif

Nowadays a smartphone is a necessity. I guess you could go about your day without one but it would be quite difficult.

A watch, that's something new. It is just an iPhone accessory at this point. Nothing more.

You do realize this is a thread about someone who finds the watch completely useless right? Her husband doesn't, but I hardly think he believes this thing is necessary. He can get all his notifications on his phone.

Here are some things for you to read.

Hands-on with the Apple Watch: A good, but not necessary, device

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-apple-watch-a-good-but-not-necessary-device/

UBS: The Apple Watch Is Bogged Down With Unnecessary Features

http://www.businessinsider.com/ubs-apple-watch-too-many-features-2014-9

Apple Watch Review Roundup: Pretty but Unnecessary

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/04/apple-watch-reviews-pretty-but-unnecessary.html

And my favorite from CNET

"The Apple Watch is the most ambitious, well-constructed smartwatch ever seen, but first-gen shortfalls make it feel more like a fashionable toy than a necessary tool."

http://www.cnet.com/products/apple-watch/

Haha. Of course that's their OPINION right?

Funny how the word UNNECESSARY keeps being used over and over to describe this toy.

And in my expert opinion, it is. Unnecessary. It is a brand new category of device. Just like the iPhone was once upon a time. Back then you could still do just fine with s blackberry or Motorola, but years later those phones are pretty useless.

Wearables like watches and other technology that you can't even imagine yet will be the norm, but right now they're just fun toys. Just accessories for your phones.

And you don't have to clarify everything I say is an opinion. Obviously it is. That's why this is called a Forum. People come in and present their points of views.

What you shouldn't do is follow people and troll them every time they post.

What I would love is for his wife to come in and post so she can tell you what a useless toy this is for her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
And I remember the days of driving around looking for a pay phone. No cells then. And we gripe about reaching in our pockets. LOL My, how times have changed.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Smart watches and wearables may be the way of the future, but the future isn't now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The future has to start somewhere, sometime.

Uhhhh. Obviously. But for me any wearable tech is just fashion and more like toys. I don't need another accessory to my phone.

When it goes from an unnecessary toy to a real device I need in my everyday life then I'll look into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Nowadays a smartphone is a necessity. I guess you could go about your day without one but it would be quite difficult.

A watch, that's something new. It is just an iPhone accessory at this point. Nothing more. And in my expert opinion, it is. Unnecessary.

Care to elaborate on your qualifications as an expert? Remember, that was the word you chose. Now, please back it up. Without bonafide credentials, your self-proclaimed status as "expert" is just braggadocious (boastful and arrogant).

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Care to elaborate on your qualifications as an expert? Remember, that was the word you chose. Now, please back it up. Without bonafide credentials, your self-proclaimed status as "expert" is just braggadocious (boastful and arrogant).

I don't have to. I'm telling you I am. And just in case you don't believe it I posted links to other experts in the world of tech. You can take their word not mine.

In Their Words it is an unnecessary toy.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, you do. Otherwise it just some guy with ~160 posts on a forum blowing hot air. You were the one that claimed to be an expert. You have zero credibility with me, and your rating is dropping fast.

It doesn't matter to me what you think. I'm not that insecure that I have to prove anything to some guy in forum.

I say it is a toy. You say it isn't a toy.

That's the end of the conversation.

I provided some reading materials of experts who believe the exact same thing. Go read. And you can ask the OPs wife what she thinks. Maybe she can give you her tech qualifications.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have to. I'm telling you I am. And just in case you don't believe it I posted links to other experts in the world of tech. You can take their word not mine.

In Their Words it is an unnecessary toy.

Yeah, you do. Otherwise it just some guy with ~160 posts on a forum blowing hot air. You were the one that claimed to be an expert. You have zero credibility with me, and your rating is dropping fast.

Just because you read a couple of articles from people you consider "experts" and happen to agree with them does not make you an expert. In the same way, going to an football stadium and watching start athletes doesn't make you an athlete - neither does going to the airport and looking at airplanes make you an airplane.

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

Just because you read a couple of articles from people you consider "experts" and happen to agree with them does not make you an expert. In the same way, going to an football stadium and watching start athletes doesn't make you an athlete - neither does going to the airport and looking at airplanes make you an airplane.

I don't have to explain who I am to some dude in a forum. I don't have to give you my resume.

There's a consensus in the world of tech that the Apple watch, while a good device, it is as it stands an unnecessary toy. In my expert opinion I agree.

And apparently the OPs wife does too.

Typical fanboy behavior to take any words against apple as a personal attack. Just let me say what I want to say and leave me alone.

If you don't value my opinion why bother even acknowledging anything I post?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I say it is a toy. You say it isn't a toy.

Actually, I never stated my opinion. The only one whose opinion that matters in any of this is cardfan's wife. But don't take what she said, and what you read and try to make that the absolute truth for the rest of mankind. If you do, what does that say of cardfan's opinion? Is his position of no import?

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I never stated my opinion. The only one whose opinion that matters in any of this is Cardfan's wife. But don't take what she said, and what you read and try to make that the absolute truth for the rest of mankind. If you do, what does that say of Cardfan's opinion? Is his position of no import?

You don't value anything I say. You can stop quoting and addressing me now. What I say is garbage to you. So buh bye.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't have to explain who I am to some dude in a forum. I don't have to give you my resume.

There's a consensus in the world of tech that the Apple watch, while a good device, it is as it stands an unnecessary toy. In my expert opinion I agree.

And apparently the OPs wife does too.

Typical fanboy behavior to take any words against apple as a personal attack. Just let me say what I want to say and leave me alone.

If you don't value my opinion why bother even acknowledging anything I post?

Challenging a claim that you made is not a personal attack. I simply asked for proof of your claim that you were an expert. A personal attack would involve things about your person or assumptions that I made based on something that I made up or imagined. You claimed to be an expert with your own words. I merely called you on it. Why acknowledge anything you post? Because I disagree with you.

As they say on the playground: "put up or shut up".

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73