Keeper for me, wife returning hers

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I got the classic leather. She got the milanese. Both 42mm.

So far, it's doing everything I expected. I love the notifications and being able to do dismiss or quick action. Especially calendar and reminders. That's the major draw. Siri is surprisingly good and being able to do phone calls on watch is super cool. I can wait on third party stuff to improve later this year.

My wife on the other hand just seems very uninterested. She took it off as soon as we got home. Here I am still fooling around with it and she's on her iphone. So no, definitely not worth 700 to her. I suppose you either get it or you don't.

My leather classic though was feeling either too tight or too loose (if i adjusted). So I decided to wear her watch with milanese. Surprisingly, I like it better. I can adjust the fit better. I don't worry about sweating or the leather getting wet. I may get a sport band later.

So it looks like I'll take back my classic leather watch and keep hers. It's already back in the box.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Most iPhone users don't. That's just the way it is.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

I think it's most smart phone users in general. That is going to change with the Apple watch. That is if they can ship them out to us. So sad :(

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Wow surprisingly similar to my wife and I I have been dying for this watch and I figured she'd want one when she saw mine so I made sure I got her one and she's rather bleh about it so I may sell hers if it wasn't a 38mm I'd keep it

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the classic leather. She got the milanese. Both 42mm.

So far, it's doing everything I expected. I love the notifications and being able to do dismiss or quick action. Especially calendar and reminders. That's the major draw. Siri is surprisingly good and being able to do phone calls on watch is super cool. I can wait on third party stuff to improve later this year.

My wife on the other hand just seems very uninterested. She took it off as soon as we got home. Here I am still fooling around with it and she's on her iphone. So no, definitely not worth 700 to her. I suppose you either get it or you don't.

My leather classic though was feeling either too tight or too loose (if i adjusted). So I decided to wear her watch with milanese. Surprisingly, I like it better. I can adjust the fit better. I don't worry about sweating or the leather getting wet. I may get a sport band later.

So it looks like I'll take back my classic leather watch and keep hers. It's already back in the box.

I think this will be a recurring thing with smart watches. Most "non-techy" people won't see the draw as will those techy types will.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My wife is on the fence...she likes it, and wants to give it a fair chance (especially for working out), but said after having it she realizes that it's not really something she sees using all the time, and I think that was the point of this accessory (to use it all the time).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's because an apple watch is, at the end of the day, an unnecessary silly toy. That's all it really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still having difficulty with this whole "opinion" thing aren't you? LOL!

NOTHING Apple makes is a necessity...they aren't in the business of making things that qualify as necessary.

Toy? Not even remotely. It's no more a toy than a pedometer is a toy for someone who uses it for said feature. It's no more a toy than an iPhone is for people who use it for those features. And it's a feature rich watch too...and I doubt 99% of people who buy watches consider them "toys".

Thanks for sharing your incredibly thought out opinion though, as always, it's a pleasure seeing you contribute so much to the community.

giphy.gif

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's because an apple watch is, at the end of the day, an unnecessary silly toy. That's all it really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No piece of tech is a "necessity" unless it is like a pace maker or something. After all, how did people survive before smart phones, computers and the like? Writing letters, or you know face to face interactions.... SO yes every piece of tech is essentially an unnecessary toy

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No piece of tech is a "necessity" unless it is like a pace maker or something. After all, how did people survive before smart phones, computers and the like? Writing letters, or you know face to face interactions.... SO yes every piece of tech is essentially an unnecessary toy

Yeah but could you send your heart beat to someone else before? No? Didn't think so! Apple watch for the win.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This is why I'm waiting to purchase an Apple Watch for my wife. I want to take some time to show her what you can do with the watch and what you shouldn't attempt to do. (This is how I got her hooked on an iPad.)

I'm hoping by Christmas she has been convinced. :biggrin:

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
It's the other way around in our house! I keep trying to get my husband interested in getting an Watch, but he just now. He says he hasn't had anything on his wrist for 30 years, and has no interest in starting now. Meanwhile, he always gripes about having to fish his phone out of his pocket when he gets calls or alerts... I'm still hoping that once he sees it in action, he'll get more interested!

Laura

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro