Should I wait to buy apple watch?

oscaramzz

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, now that I have the money, should I order an apple watch right now off of the website or maybe wait for them to be in apple stores? Not sure which would be faster since the shipping dates seem long. Looking for a space gray 38mm with black band.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Should I buy wait to buy apple watch?

Since Apple hasn't given any firm indication when in store sales will officially begin, I'd say ordering it online makes more sense, even with the shipping estimates where they are. They're not going to start major in store roll outs if people still have waiting times of any significant amount...they're going to fulfill those orders first, and then bring them in store.

I'm also going out on a limb by saying that I think shipping estimates people have right now will move up substantially over the coming weeks...some people have "June" shipment dates, but it wouldn't surprise me if Apple starts ramping up production and shipment dates move into May for most pre-orders. (just a guess though)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I would agree with SeanHRCC, your best option--unless you're in no hurry--would be to order the Apple Watch online.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

It couldn't hurt to order online. If sales in store happen before it ships, you can always cancel the order and go buy one in store since they don't charge until it ships.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

It couldn't hurt to order online. If sales in store happen before it ships, you can always cancel the order and go buy one in store since they don't charge until it ships.

What he said.
And especially since they already announced shipments are going out earlier than expected.

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Do you consider yourself an early adopter of tech that you like or a 'watch-n-see' kind of person? If you are the first, i signets you get the watch as soon as you can, it's great. I love using the watch. If you are one of those who have no patience for the drawbacks that comes with 1st gen devices, I would suggest that you wait for 2nd or 3rd gen.

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, now that I have the money, should I order an apple watch right now off of the website or maybe wait for them to be in apple stores? Not sure which would be faster since the shipping dates seem long. Looking for a space gray 38mm with black band.

If your intention is to buy the Apple Watch either way & you already have the money, I would say just order now as waiting doesn't really do anything in this particular situation. You can easily go to an Apple Store now and simply try on whatever you're interested in.

Of course I presume since we're way past the pre-order date that time is not of a concern for you.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I keep going back and forth on getting the watch. I want one. Badly. But with it being such a new form factor I'm cautious to see the first weeks of use first.

That being said, I am a watch *****. I own over 50 watches - 37 swatch watches, 4 Star Trek watches, 4 Guess watches, a seiko , and numerous no names brands. So waiting is very hard for me lol...

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk