Fitness app on Apple Watch

LindsayRousseau

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone done any exercise yet with their Apple Watch? I did a run on the treadmill tonight, and there was a huge discrepancy between the distance the watch said I had gone and the distance my treadmill said I had gone; the watch said 4 miles, the treadmill said 3.1. Anyone else experience a discrepancy like this?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had an opportunity to test it completely, but I've heard you need to "train" the Apple Watch using the iPhone. In other words. if you run outside with the watch and the phone, the Apple Watch will learn your stride. Therefore, it will be more accurate when you run on the treadmill.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I experience the exact same thing with my MS Band. I'm curious to see how the Watch will compare. They say the more you use it walking outside with the iPhone and GPS, the more accurate it gets when you use a treadmill. The GPS helps sync your arm swing motions with the distance you actually walk. The Band I have does the same thing and I have used it outside a few times. I did notice the distances get a little closer, but not much. For this reason, I'm thinking my Band (and the Watch once I get it) is more accurate.

Let us know what happens after you track a few walks outside. I'd be interested in reading your results.