Lag like in early reviews?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, if they don't improve third-party app performance, I would be hard pressed to want to use any of them. . . . There is no getting used to this lag. It reminds me of the days of dialup.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if they don't improve third-party app performance, I would be hard pressed to want to use any of them. . . . There is no getting used to this lag. It reminds me of the days of dialup.

That's no good at all. I'm sure the android diehards will jump all over Apple for that

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Natively it's smooth as butter, but my wife downloaded the Target app just for ****s and giggles and it's almost comically laggy.

That could really turn some off to the watch if third party apps are super laggy/buggy and don't get updated quickly.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Occasionally with a dictated text it'll take awhile to transcribe it.

Don't really care for the third party apps, but I expect this not to get better. Watch is probably underpowered in order to save battery. Which is fine for now, the core apps are what I want anyway.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Occasionally with a dictated text it'll take awhile to transcribe it.

Don't really care for the third party apps, but I expect this not to get better. Watch is probably underpowered in order to save battery. Which is fine for now, the core apps are what I want anyway.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
I'm sure the processing power will continue to be upped with each generation similar to how the iPhone is, allowing it to be able to handle more tasks and handle those tasks and apps better

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
This won't get fixed with the first gen watch. The watch app isn't actually a native app on the watch from what I've read. It's essentially just an extension from the iPhone app that's being displayed on the watch and therefore suffers the limits of Bluetooth. Remember the blackberry playbook and how it connected to a blackberry for apps originally? That's basically what apple did here.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
This won't get fixed with the first gen watch. The watch app isn't actually a native app on the watch from what I've read. It's essentially just an extension from the iPhone app that's being displayed on the watch and therefore suffers the limits of Bluetooth. Remember the blackberry playbook and how it connected to a blackberry for apps originally? That's basically what apple did here.

Yep, it's not fair to really call them apps right now. This can get fixed with software and Apple has indicated that the ability for native third party apps is coming later this year.

Basically, if apps are your thing, there's no reason to rush into buying one just yet.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the processing power will continue to be upped with each generation similar to how the iPhone is, allowing it to be able to handle more tasks and handle those tasks and apps better

Right. The dangers of adopting a first gen product. Expect the second or third gen to be the keeper, although the stuff that I very much appreciate -- dictated text conversations, etc. -- are fine on this.

mtlscream

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I see some lag but it's not that bad... But I wish we had none like 1st party app.
The fix for the lag will be easy, when Apple will offer later this year that 3nd party app can be installed directly on the watch and not remotely. So until then, there's going to be a slight lag, delay... But it will change soon....

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I see some lag but it's not that bad... But I wish we had none like 1st party app.
The fix for the lag will be easy, when Apple will offer later this year that 3nd party app can be installed directly on the watch and not remotely. So until then, there's going to be a slight lag, delay... But it will change soon....

Yeah I'm sure at WWDC when they announce the new watch features that will be included

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73