Apple watch anonymous

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So i figured since most didnt get their watches, and won't for awhile, I'd start by saying, Hi everyone, I'm addicted to the apple watch and I can't have one (yet). But seriously. How is everyone doing? Is the anticipation and wait eating at you yet? Good to see there weren't any news of any riots over the apple watches in the few stores that it actually launched in today. What is everyone doing to pass the time? *Looks down at wrist wishing the apple watch magically appeared to check the time* :rotfl::rotfl:

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for all that didn't receive theirs today, BUT trust me, when you get it, you will LOVE it!!!!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Slightly disappointed, sure. Will I survive? Of course. I want my new toy. I don't check my wrist for it because I haven't worn a watch in almost seven years. That's a habit I'll have to develop again.

I'm used to it as I've been wearing my Nike+ watch for the past year or so

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As stated in a previous thread, when I ordered mine, I did not have any unrealistic expectations. I'm grateful it was a gift. I'm grateful it got ordered and I'll be grateful whenever I receive it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Which one did you order and when do you expect it?

Like an ***** I waited. Was hoping they would be in store before June, so I'm holding out. It's killing me not to order one, just waiting to see if the ship dates improve. Will get a black sport, 42mm when I do purchase one.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Like an ***** I waited. Was hoping they would be in store before June, so I'm holding out. It's killing me not to order one, just waiting to see if the ship dates improve. Will get a black sport, 42mm when I do purchase one.

Good luck with that. I don't know how you're holding out like that.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Good luck with that. I don't know how you're holding out like that.

Keeping the willpower strong. It's fading day by day though. I have the watch in cart, just waiting to pull the trigger and buy.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
To pass the time I'll keep using my Microsoft Band. I've always been a watch wearer. Nothing fancy. Casio when I was younger. Yes I was the guy with the calculator watch that stored phone #'s. Also known as girl repellent. I been wearing a Timex and a Seiko the last few years.

A few months ago, I started looking into health bands. Decided I really wanted a Microsoft Band after reading reviews and trying one at a Microsoft store. Unfortunately, they were out of stock and almost impossible to get. After looking and waiting 7 weeks for them to come in stock, I gave up and purchased a cheaper Walgreen's tracker made by a company called Striiv. It was OK. I did help me lose some weight but I really wanted something better. I especially wanted quality sleep tracking.

About a month after I got the Striiv, I saw Best Buy had the MS Band and I picked one up. I?m glad I did because it?s is really good. The sleep tracking is great and I really like the built in GPS. I can easily go a full day using it without charging it. That includes 30-60 minutes of GPS use and having the time displayed constantly. Another nifty feature is the UV detection that tells you approximate time in the sun until you start to burn.

It works well with my iPhone 6 but it?s not perfect. I get notifications? texts, phone calls, pill reminders, etc. Anything that pops up on the iPhone screen comes up on the band. The sync app works OK. Sometimes it needs a restart to sync properly. The sleep tracking info is great telling me how much deep sleep vs light sleep I get as well as how many times I wake up. The activity apps are great too. As I walk or ride my bike, the Band will notify me when I hit a goal (distance, steps, calories) and when I pass each mile marker. Like the Apple Watch, it will adjust the accuracy of my stride based on GPS info. I really like the maps showing where I went. I just wish there was an easy way to save or share them.

The biggest problem was getting the dang thing to connect via Bluetooth with the iPhone. It is a royal pain with a lot of trial & error and reboots. Once connected, it?s solid but there is something not right with the process. Another problem (and I don?t know if this is a problem with the Band or MyFitnessPal) is calories burned during my bike rides won?t show up in MyFitnessPal. Walks show up fine. Other activities need to be entered manually.

Again, it will certainly tide me over until I get my Watch. With the Watch I?m really looking forward to better integration with the iPhone and something a little more fashionable. Being able to answer the phone and dictate texts will be nifty. I might even pick up an Apple TV so I can control it with my Watch :laughing: I?ll keep the Band around for what the Watch doesn't have, mainly sleep tracking. Watch during the day, Band during the night while the Watch charges. I'm sure I'll start getting antsy as June approaches.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
To pass the time I'll keep using my Microsoft Band. I've always been a watch wearer. Nothing fancy. Casio when I was younger. Yes I was the guy with the calculator watch that stored phone #'s. Also known as girl repellent. I been wearing a Timex and a Seiko the last few years.

A few months ago, I started looking into health bands. Decided I really wanted a Microsoft Band after reading reviews and trying one at a Microsoft store. Unfortunately, they were out of stock and almost impossible to get. After looking and waiting 7 weeks for them to come in stock, I gave up and purchased a cheaper Walgreen's tracker made by a company called Striiv. It was OK. I did help me lose some weight but I really wanted something better. I especially wanted quality sleep tracking.

About a month after I got the Striiv, I saw Best Buy had the MS Band and I picked one up. I’m glad I did because it’s is really good. The sleep tracking is great and I really like the built in GPS. I can easily go a full day using it without charging it. That includes 30-60 minutes of GPS use and having the time displayed constantly. Another nifty feature is the UV detection that tells you approximate time in the sun until you start to burn.

It works well with my iPhone 6 but it’s not perfect. I get notifications… texts, phone calls, pill reminders, etc. Anything that pops up on the iPhone screen comes up on the band. The sync app works OK. Sometimes it needs a restart to sync properly. The sleep tracking info is great telling me how much deep sleep vs light sleep I get as well as how many times I wake up. The activity apps are great too. As I walk or ride my bike, the Band will notify me when I hit a goal (distance, steps, calories) and when I pass each mile marker. Like the Apple Watch, it will adjust the accuracy of my stride based on GPS info. I really like the maps showing where I went. I just wish there was an easy way to save or share them.

The biggest problem was getting the dang thing to connect via Bluetooth with the iPhone. It is a royal pain with a lot of trial & error and reboots. Once connected, it’s solid but there is something not right with the process. Another problem (and I don’t know if this is a problem with the Band or MyFitnessPal) is calories burned during my bike rides won’t show up in MyFitnessPal. Walks show up fine. Other activities need to be entered manually.

Again, it will certainly tide me over until I get my Watch. With the Watch I’m really looking forward to better integration with the iPhone and something a little more fashionable. Being able to answer the phone and dictate texts will be nifty. I might even pick up an Apple TV so I can control it with my Watch :laughing: I’ll keep the Band around for what the Watch doesn't have, mainly sleep tracking. Watch during the day, Band during the night while the Watch charges. I'm sure I'll start getting antsy as June approaches.
You going to get rid of the band once the watch makes it to you? Or going to keep both?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Soooo.how 'bout the Rangers score? Sorry. lol ...that was a great series. I believe it's a 1st for all 4 games dcided by 1 goal.

Hey now. Don't kick us while we are down. The pens gave up a month ago. Idk if they don't like the coach or what, but it was awful.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Soooo.how 'bout the Rangers score? Sorry. lol ...that was a great series. I believe it's a 1st for all 4 games dcided by 1 goal.

Hoping the Isles can win their series so we can see Rangers - Isles. That would be one intense series... I wonder if the Watch ESPN app has game cast...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox