Siri on the watch

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I won't know exactly what all I'll actually do with my Watch until it arrives. Having said that, I use Siri frequently, but I'm not sure if or how often I'll use it with the my Watch.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I use her as a DJ while I drive.

"Hey Siri, play Taylor Swift", etc.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Uh oh, T swift haha jk. But that would definitely be a good use for Siri, and keep your eyes on the road instead of fumbling with a phone/watch changing songs.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
It's what I use (used, it's now retired!) my Pebble for -- turn on music and flip songs without taking my eyes off the road.

The Apple Watch may actually save me money -- was considering getting an aftermarket radio with CarPlay integration.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
It's what I use (used, it's now retired!) my Pebble for -- turn on music and flip songs without taking my eyes off the road.

The Apple Watch may actually save me money -- was considering getting an aftermarket radio with CarPlay integration

Saving money is always a plus

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
After an evening with the watch, I think voice control is the killer app -- being able to dictate texts with reasonable accuracy is really cool. The phone can stay in the pocket and a conversation can be had.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
After an evening with the watch, I think voice control is the killer app -- being able to dictate texts with reasonable accuracy is really cool. The phone can stay in the pocket and a conversation can be had.

Siri may end up being the killer feature for the Apple watch. Sounds like they really tweaked Siri and improved it for the watch

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Siri may end up being the killer feature for the Apple watch. Sounds like they really tweaked Siri and improved it for the watch

Pretty much.

And that's something you can't get with other smart watches on iOS without a jailbreak. (And who wants to jailbreak now.)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much.

And that's something you can't get with other smart watches on iOS without a jailbreak. (And who wants to jailbreak now.)

Agree. Maybe Google now if Google ever makes android wear work with IOS, but not sure how great and powerful that would be

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
It does work really well. But is anybody else surprise that it doesn't talk? Or am I doing something wrong?
Laura

I don't think it's supposed to talk. I thought it would, but I remember seeing the the examples at the keynote & it didn't talk there either.

I'm fine with it not talking, lol. As long as it responds!

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I use Siri all the time on the iPhone, and I'll use her on the Apple Watch, too. However, she is much better on the phone than on the watch.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I rarely use Siri on my iPhone but I've been using her like crazy since getting the watch. Same goes for voice dictation. There's something really damn cool about walking and voice-texting. No more "phone zombie" for me :)

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey Siri works half the time in a silent room and about 1 out of 10 times in a noisy environment. Very disappointing and if you're dictating a message and Siri gets a word wrong there is no fix but starting over.

I would find swift key or swype more useful.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I find that the Siri on the watch is better than my iPhone, interestingly. It's nice for the reply to iMessage. I haven't messed with it too much yet though

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2