Show off your Apple Watch!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Show off your  Watch!

Just FYI to all, there was a reddit thread about this strap yesterday. That person showed that the Qifit does not seem to be the same quality as Apple's - it is not as wide, did not lay straight, didn't allow the strap to be loosened beyond the velcro closures, kept an impression of where the strap was closed, but, on the positive side, felt a bit "softer". If somebody can't afford the Apple price and is ok with a slightly lower quality, that's probably fine, but they should know that going in, IMHO.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AppleWatch/comments/7hmm4n/my_comparison_of_apple_vs_3rd_party_sport_loop/

I should have taken pictures in the store. I went in expecting to see an obvious difference, but the yellow one that I have was identical to the one in the Apple store, width, feel, my Velcro easily slides past the connectors, etc. I don't think it is curved like the one in the pictures on reddit, but I don't care about that, and if it is I can't tell when it is on my wrist. I can afford the Apple band and was very tempted to buy one even at their price, but I saw the post on iMore for these bands and jumped at the cheaper option, and since I don't have an Apple store nearby I chose to go this route vs buying full price without seeing it. It just so happened I was visiting family this weekend and got a chance to go to an actual store.

Maybe they aren't all identical, but the one I have is. Actually the connectors are a slightly different shade of yellow from the end of the band and the sides of the band, a little dimmer for lack of a better word. I thought for sure that would be the difference to the Apple band, but to my surprise the Apple one was exactly the same. Guess I got lucky, but for $15.99 it would have to be really bad for me to be all that disappointed with it.

tdelfie03

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
a5bb5d8552a761391f6d9f3b6c6edfd2.jpg

The right is the apple band the left it the one from Qifit. There is a difference in length and width. But overall it's a decent band. We will see how it holds up.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
My wife's "pink sand" Qifit band came last night. It was straight out of the package, but the color is definitely different from the Apple band. More pink than sand, where the Apple band was opposite, more gold than pink. She is actually happier with it being more pink so it worked out for her.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Snoweagle said:
From your first picture, you're wearing the strap the other way round.

Yeah, I was wondering if that was like the inside-out shirt thing the kidz were doing way back. In the bottom pic, the long half (with the holes) is still backwards.

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I was wondering if that was like the inside-out shirt thing the kidz were doing way back. In the bottom pic, the long half (with the holes) is still backwards.

I really wasn't sure how to put it on tbh. Just watched a YouTube video about it. Fixed it.
IMG_1515889597.885026.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Understood. BTW I don’t like to use the app.

I just started using it again over the past week and there seems to be a lot of improvements. Then again the last time I used it was a couple of years ago. Started using it when imaged stopped working with the iMore app. Plus I forgot all my other tech boards are available via Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro