Show off your Apple Watch!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I only use the battery complication during the betas. Once the OS is on GM I don't worry about my battery.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I've an issue here. I set passcode on my AW as I use Apple Pay and by right it should (as it has always been) detect that you're wearing it and there's no need to unlock the watch unless taken off. But since after last saturday, it always prompted me to unlock whenever I flick my wrist to see the time.

The thing is, I've never changed any setting and it just happened all of a sudden. Even unpairing and re-pairing didn't seem to work. Any solution or is it my watch is dead? Even heart rate also unable to read, but the rear green lights are on.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
6880846d3a54ba5e06511ac2dc4d9b32.jpg

3dde3f09d2e89e9e91e0fe467126bfc0.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys, I've an issue here. I set passcode on my AW as I use Apple Pay and by right it should (as it has always been) detect that you're wearing it and there's no need to unlock the watch unless taken off. But since after last saturday, it always prompted me to unlock whenever I flick my wrist to see the time.

The thing is, I've never changed any setting and it just happened all of a sudden. Even unpairing and re-pairing didn't seem to work. Any solution or is it my watch is dead? Even heart rate also unable to read, but the rear green lights are on.

Did you try rebooting your AW?

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I regret to confirm that my AW is dead. In following up to the previous post, I found the rear sensor part is loose is has lost the green lights. Now wondering whether to send for repair (no Applecare and warranty over) or wait for Watch 2 instead.

The watch can still operate, except the rear sensor part has a risk of falling out and unable to detect wrist too.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your Watch. This is the second instance I've read about the sensor being loose. In the other case, it came off when the Watch was removed from the charger.

Why would you wait to see if there's an Watch 2 before getting yours repaired/replaced? Are you thinking Apple will upgrade you to a 2?

I don't know that there will be a Watch in the next few months or that Apple would do an upgrade unless they had no v1 Watches.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your Watch. This is the second instance I've read about the sensor being loose. In the other case, it came off when the Watch was removed from the charger.

Why would you wait to see if there's an Watch 2 before getting yours repaired/replaced? Are you thinking Apple will upgrade you to a 2?

I don't know that there will be a Watch in the next few months or that Apple would do an upgrade unless they had no v1 Watches.

That's not what I mean. What I meant was, if I were to send mine for repair/replacement now and if the cost is too high, I might as well not service it and just buy a Watch 2 when it's out.

The sensor panel did not come off on mine when removed from the charger. Currently it's still attached to it but able to turn, and now the green lights have gone.

I'll call up the service centre tomorrow and enquire.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
That's not what I mean.

I see that in your previous post you made while I was still typing.

I'd absolutely check with Apple now, anyway. I'm lucky to have several Apple stores (not Stores, LOL) near me, so even if my Watch was out of warranty, I'd take it in, unless I dropped or otherwise abused it.

The Other Guy who's sensor came off, went in to Apple and they replaced, not repaired, the Watch.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I see that in your previous post you made while I was still typing.

I'd absolutely check with Apple now, anyway. I'm lucky to have several Apple stores (not Stores, LOL) near me, so even if my Watch was out of warranty, I'd take it in, unless I dropped or otherwise abused it.

The Other Guy who's sensor came off, went in to Apple and they replaced, not repaired, the Watch.

I believe they will also replace it. But mine being 42mm stainless steel and without Applecare, isn't replacing it going to be very expensive?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I believe they will also replace it. But mine being 42mm stainless steel and without Applecare, isn't replacing it going to be very expensive?

I would think so, but Apple "Stores" have been known to accommodate their customers. You never know until you try.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I would think so, but Apple "Stores" have been known to accommodate their customers. You never know until you try.

Unfortunately for Singapore, our first Apple Store is only due to open this fall. For now there are only Apple premium authorised resellers and authorised service centres.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Yes. Even if the Watch is out of warranty, it would only be a few months. And the sensor coming loose is a pretty significant failure. Without any damage inflicted by the user, I'd say it's very worthwhile to see what Apple will do.

Unfortunately for Singapore, our first Apple Store is only due to open this fall. For now there are only Apple premium authorised resellers and authorised service centres.

Ugh. That does not bode well. I'd try contacting Apple directly before going to an authorized reseller or service center. If they will accommodate you, they might make any arrangements needed to get your watch replaced. Wishing you the best of luck!