Show off your Apple Watch!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I went to buy a stainless steel band but ?169 is too much for me to spend on a watch I paid ?225 for.

As I wanted a genuine Apple band I went with this one for ?59.
Since I don't have any experience with knock offs I can't answer your question truly, but I have to say this one is more comfortable than the stock band.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Before:

Gold Sport with Midnight Blue Sport.jpg

After:

Gold Sport w:Black Woven Nylon.jpg

I like the Midnight Blue Sport band but wanted to try the Black Woven Nylon band. Didn't see the gold threads until it was in bright light! :laughing: It gives it a more formal look. I like!

A black Woven band with little or no highlights would be a nice contrast for the Gold Sport. Less formal than the current Woven band, and a little more stylish than a Black Sport band. I tried. It was- ok, not as nice as the MBS that came with it.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have the pearl and it's nice :)

I have the Black Woven Nylon and it worth the money to me! Sure, if it were less expensive that'd be great. But I've yet to see less expensive that wasn't cheap. The Pearl is the only other color of Woven that interests me and want to see it at a store. There was a report somewhere that it discolored on the inside after a short time. Hope that's not the case for every body.

There are still a couple maybe three more bands I want. But Apple discontinues some bands as they announce others. So getting what you want sooner is better than too late. FYI.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
There were case options for the stainless steel but I had concerns of putting on or taking off the case from the watch that it would scratch it.

I had a Spigen silicon case on my Stainless for one week. It wasn't removed but once, at the end of the week. There were tiny scratches on all sides of the Watch, slightly dulling the highly polished, bright finish of the Watch. :( :mad: :crying:

Unless your environment is really tough on watches, I'd say use a case with caution. The Sport Watches might fare better with cases. I'll try to polish it and see if it helps.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I had a Spigen silicon case on my Stainless for one week. It wasn't removed but once, at the end of the week. There were tiny scratches on all sides of the Watch, slightly dulling the highly polished, bright finish of the Watch. :( :mad: :crying:

Unless your environment is really tough on watches, I'd say use a case with caution. The Sport Watches might fare better with cases. I'll try to polish it and see if it helps.

Thank you for the info!! Omg I'd be crying if that happens to my watch...I'll keep an eye on it.

I know this may sound crazy, but maybe an extremely small amount of polishing compound using a q-tip might take the dulling out.

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I set this modular face w/complications up yesterday and I really like it....although I do miss being able to match my walls to my phone & mini, so idk how long I'll stay with this set up lol. I also put a snap on case that has a plastic face to protect the face of my watch I found on eBay for $5. It removes very easily as well if I decide to take it off.
View attachment 109570

Does it affect the touch screen command ?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Does it affect the touch screen command ?

Honestly, every now and then it's get weird, but to me the benefits of protecting the glass and aluminum sides out weigh the slim amount of times the touch screen doesn't respond immediately because of the plastic case. It happens at the most a couple of times a day...I'm not going to say it's perfect. It doesn't bother me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox