Show off your Apple Watch!

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Even if the Watch is out of warranty, it would only be a few months. And the sensor coming loose is a pretty significant failure. Without any damage inflicted by the user, I'd say it's very worthwhile to see what Apple will do.

Ugh. That does not bode well. I'd try contacting Apple directly before going to an authorized reseller or service center. If they will accommodate you, they might make any arrangements needed to get your watch replaced. Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks to you and also to Spencerdl for the advice. Honestly it was last working perfectly well after my trek last saturday and this morning, it had to fail.

I really relied pretty heavily on my Apple Watch as an almost daily wear and for this to happen, it feels really bumped up especially after spending a lot on it.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Mmm if I skimmed correctly seems that a sensor had fallen off. If you are near apple store that is qualified for the repair they may replace it there. But if not they will try to send you to a authorized repair shop to have it done.

I had to ship mine in was a 3day process pretty much.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I regret to confirm that my AW is dead. In following up to the previous post, I found the rear sensor part is loose is has lost the green lights. Now wondering whether to send for repair (no Applecare and warranty over) or wait for Watch 2 instead.

The watch can still operate, except the rear sensor part has a risk of falling out and unable to detect wrist too.

After seeing all your posts regarding this, sorry to hear your Watch sensors stopped working. Hoping you can get it resolved/replaced soon with little or no cost to you. Good luck

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Mmm if I skimmed correctly seems that a sensor had fallen off. If you are near apple store that is qualified for the repair they may replace it there. But if not they will try to send you to a authorized repair shop to have it done.

I had to ship mine in was a 3day process pretty much.

After seeing all your posts regarding this, sorry to hear your Watch sensors stopped working. Hoping you can get it resolved/replaced soon with little or no cost to you. Good luck

Well I just called my local authorised service centre and was told they will send the watch module to Apple and do a 1 to 1 replacement, it'll take 5 to 7 working days at a cost of SGD600 (US$444).

Now just thinking of whether to go for the replacement or just wait for Watch 2. Apologies for hijacking this thread for my issue, but just felt upset about it.

Thanks to all for your listening ears.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
41a02cc3584e62823952836bb0b69b15.jpg

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
iMoreAppImg_20160825_120646.jpgiMoreAppImg_20160825_120651.jpgiMoreAppImg_20160825_120706.jpg

bought this one off eBay for ~$20 and am pretty chuffed with it! I hadn't really worn anything but the sports bands before, this one's so light in comparison.. and fun 👍🏼!